The Manager thread

Xela

5 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I’ll always have respect for Hodgson’s achievements, especially for this gif:

luis suarez GIF

rmmnJx.gif

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Hodgson stepping down at the end of the season. Can see Palace dropping next year. He’s kept them up for too long now. 

With the amount of players they have out of contract next season, new manager is going to have a hell of a job ahead of them.

Pochettino leads PSG to second in a 1 horse race.

Will he get a another season?

I have always reserved my opinion on him until he did something worthy of being called a top class manager. I’m still waiting.

4 hours ago, Genie said:

Pochettino leads PSG to second in a 1 horse race.

Will he get a another season?

I have always reserved my opinion on him until he did something worthy of being called a top class manager. I’m still waiting.

Spurs 4/5 in CL and getting to the final the other year not enough? He finished 2nd and 3rd in two of those seasons aswell.

Yeah PSG not winning the league is a bit embarrasing but Ancelotti and Emery both got another season after not winning it in 2012 and 2017 so it isn't sack worthy as PSG owners judge it more on how they're progressing in europe and SF is o.k enough for what they've done in last decade.

Their squad needs a ton of work to it, Leonardo is terrible in his role, you don't see Man City loaning the likes of Rafinha, that midfield 3 yesterday is mid table PL maybe not even that and then you look at dagba at RB and diallo out of position at LB

They're a team of 2 world class individuals 

Give him a summer and see what happens 

They've lost plenty of talented youngsters aswell in last few years, like of Diaby and Nkunku went to Bundesliga and Kouassi joined Bayern Munich although hasn't played much for them so far.

https://www.footballcritic.com/features/kouassi-has-left-for-bayern-why-is-young-talent-walking-out-on-psgc/948

Feels like Poch would've been a better fit for PSG 2-3 years back when they were all still there coming through and he could've integrated them more into squad although PSG had issues with FFP so perhaps they needed to move them on.

Lille have two aswell who came through PSG academy so that's most ironic of the ones they've lost while they've filled their midfield with loads of free transfers on massive wages.

Edited by VillaChris

29 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They've lost plenty of talented youngsters aswell in last few years, like of Diaby and Nkunku went to Bundesliga and Kouassi joined Bayern Munich although hasn't played much for them so far.

https://www.footballcritic.com/features/kouassi-has-left-for-bayern-why-is-young-talent-walking-out-on-psgc/948

Feels like Poch would've been a better fit for PSG 2-3 years back when they were all still there coming through and he could've integrated them more into squad although PSG had issues with FFP so perhaps they needed to move them on.

Lille have two aswell who came through PSG academy so that's most ironic of the ones they've lost while they've filled their midfield with loads of free transfers on massive wages.

They lost Aouchiche to St Ettiene as well and he's very highly rated. 

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Their squad needs a ton of work to it, Leonardo is terrible in his role, you don't see Man City loaning the likes of Rafinha, that midfield 3 yesterday is mid table PL maybe not even that and then you look at dagba at RB and diallo out of position at LB

They're a team of 2 world class individuals 

Give him a summer and see what happens 

Centre back and forwards are the only parts of the team thats top class. Veratti in midfield but he is alone. Signed so much players like Draxler or Kurzawa who never lived up to the hype 

Rafinha was a permanent signing 

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Rafinha was a permanent signing 

😬

They have to sign Danilo P for around £40m this summer too

Icardi is another one who hasn't lived up to the hype, bit part player with a 1 in 2 record, I thought he'd be comfortably 20+ goals a season there 

Dunno who Poch would go for tbf, the link to Alli felt like the English rags at their laziest, no one from pochs spurs defence would improve them, camavinga will be linked all summer 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

😬

They have to sign Danilo P for around £40m this summer too

Icardi is another one who hasn't lived up to the hype, bit part player with a 1 in 2 record, I thought he'd be comfortably 20+ goals a season there 

Dunno who Poch would go for tbf, the link to Alli felt like the English rags at their laziest, no one from pochs spurs defence would improve them, camavinga will be linked all summer 

Camavinga could be world class and I'd get why they'd go for him long term but I'm not sure he'd be an instant improvement. 

Â