The Manager thread

Xela

1 hour ago, Genie said:

A lot of managers quitting this summer. If they all immediately go to other jobs isn’t there going to be a bit of fall out about compensation?

Conte got a 7 million pay off so i am sure thats sorted. Real have probably sacked Zidane as was rumoured for months 

30 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Conte got a 7 million pay off so i am sure thats sorted. Real have probably sacked Zidane as was rumoured for months 

Why did they pay Conte off? Were they not happy with him despite winning the league?

Edited by Genie

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Why did they pay Conte off? We’re they not happy with him speiste winning the league?

apparently Inter have said they need to make 20% wage cuts and sell 80m+ worth of players in the summer to stay afloat, Conte wasnt happy and wanted to leave apparently.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

apparently Inter have said they need to make 20% wage cuts and sell 80m+ worth of players in the summer to stay afloat, Conte wasnt happy and wanted to leave apparently.

Fair enough, I’d have let him leave, not given him £7m when I’m trying to save money :lol: 

Shows how badly football clubs are managed.

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

Fair enough, I’d have let him leave, not given him £7m when I’m trying to save money :lol: 

Shows how badly football clubs are managed.

Probably a breach of contract by the club, maybe he was guaranteed funds or something. Sure its nothing compared to the 20 million he got from Chelsea

8 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Jokanovic to Sheff Utd

Yeah this was rumoured a few weeks back. Quite impressed by that as was expecting Sheffield to get in some random as manager. Jokanovic got two promotions from championship in last 5 years and plays decent football so on paper a solid appointment.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah this was rumoured a few weeks back. Quite impressed by that as was expecting Sheffield to get in some random as manager. Jokanovic got two promotions from championship in last 5 years and plays decent football so on paper a solid appointment.

yes he is but not the right club. When you play 3 at the back it take a long time to adjust to 4 again especially with full backs they have

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

yes he is but not the right club. When you play 3 at the back it take a long time to adjust to 4 again especially with full backs they have

Yeah that's fair, will probably take half a season but Norwich started off pretty slow last season yet still comfortably walked the league.

Don't expect Sheffield United to be that high but they'll be likely in mix for top 6, probably be similar to Bournemouth.

• 4 weeks later...
Â