The Manager thread

Xela

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Could the same be said about Ancelotti. it seems a lot of Everton fans have turned on him 

Everton have been top 7 for majority of season in fairness but they have serious mentality issues in believing they can actually win stuff or even finish in european places and yet again falling away just when it matters.

Not really sure where they go from here given they've tried up and coming managers like Martinez and Marco Silva and more proven ones like Koeman and to lesser extent Big Sam. Now got Carlo who's been there and done it and was supposed to put the finishing touches to things so not a clue what type will come after him.

Perhaps they might go for someone like Graham Potter.

Everton need consistency and time to build a squad, they've got too many ghosts from managers past

they're a good example of having all this money, believing that they have even more and in reality it being irrelevant because they spend it on shit 

If they sack Ancelotti then nothing would change there, new guy comes in, Rodriguez, Allan drop off slightly in performance cos he's not their guy, new manager brings in 2 £40m players, they look OK but the team is a patchwork quilt 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PaulC said:

Could the same be said about Ancelotti. it seems a lot of Everton fans have turned on him 

Read a bit of grand old team, apparently they're in terrible form, their attacking play is awful and he lies in his press conferences about injuries 

Spider Man Reaction GIF

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Probably shows how amazing Fergie was although that was more down to what an incredible man manager he was.

Fergie had the knack of swapping coaches too so always new faces on the training ground to freshen it up.

I hope Deano learns from this Shakespere was a good start.  

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Read a bit of grand old team, apparently they're in terrible form, their attacking play is awful and he lies in his press conferences about injuries 

Spider Man Reaction GIF

But does he make subs to change games 😉

18 minutes ago, useless said:

names like howe and lampard in the frame...a job i can see either of those at

palace need to move quickly if they want either of them to replace roy

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Money is better at Palace and I think an Under 21 job is not going to get them to a big club even if they won the tournament

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

If Lampard gets it he is going to be a shoo-in for Southgate's job, rightly or wrongly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

If Lampard gets it he is going to be a shoo-in for Southgate's job, rightly or wrongly.

Wise move for Lampard, I’m sure Palace would bag him a bit more cash but a bad spell and he’s done as a manager. It’s also not like he needs it with what he was earning as a player. Less stressful job and first dibs on the First Team role almost guaranteed within 2 and a half years.

I actually think he’d be better at international management, I’d rather him than Southgate.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Wveeton fans really turning on him?i think hw is doing a great job there

Hes done ok. Like us they started the season great but they are where you would expect them to be. So just average for me. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Money is better at Palace and I think an Under 21 job is not going to get them to a big club even if they won the tournament

Might get them the England job next time it's available though. Southgate finished bottom of the group in his only proper U21 tournament and that was still enough.

15 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Hes done ok. Like us they started the season great but they are where you would expect them to be. So just average for me. 

The problem is they were overhyped at the start of the season because sky et al love the idea of them competing, they never were in reality, paired with it being a generally poor season for everyone bar City, there will be a lot of fans who see this season as a huge missed opportunity, especially if Leicester and West ham get CL

If you're Everton with carlo, James, all this money etc etc the great start and then see West Ham get CL... It'll piss you off

I think Southgate will be England manager for a long time barring a disaster. No big club will want him, he is on an average manager salary and is controversy free

If England get to quarter finals regularly he will not be sacked

• Like 2

Even if we had a disaster at the euros we've started the WC cycle with 3/3 and its a short one so they'll issue some sort of bullshit must do better statement but still keep him 

2nd round is group D winner vs group F runner up - Group F is Germany, Portugal, France, Hungary... 

Â