The Manager thread

Xela

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Tuchel to go in to get the best out of German flops

Yep sky germany reporting he is taking over.

To be fair its right decision.  Lampard has been a disaster. Shows ex legends dont always make good managers 

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Tuchel will be an even bigger disaster, I give it a month before he is complaining about Abramovich and the board

Im not sure lampard has made chelseas defence a bottom half, he has ruined werners confidence and has them below us!

Lampard has been shocking

Asked to do 2 different things

Bring the kids through, he did a good job of it with Mount, tomori, Abraham and James last season

Play the world class superstars, he's out of his depth, got too many options, too many players who don't play in traditional roles

What pep et al do with a squad full or world class players is underrated, it's not as easy to manage as people make it, its a different skill set to manage the personalities 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Tuchel will be an even bigger disaster, I give it a month before he is complaining about Abramovich and the board

Yeah I’ve heard he enjoys a bit of whining especially about people more senior to him whether the ownership or who manages transfers, not sure this is a match made in heaven.

Also for the next year Chelsea will be linked constantly with Mbappe with no basis  and it will in every starting article of newspaper and social media....a snooze fest.

Harsh but will Tuchel get along with all the players there? Some really good players there and I’d imagine his remit is to get the German players playing well as they have invested a lot of money into them. Might leave some openings for a few others who may not get a game there come the summer... 

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Frank Lampard to be sacked today apparently. 

Disgusting.

He can still finish in the top 4. 

I just find it sad to treat a club legend like this. At least have the decency to wait till after the season.

Was always gonna be difficult getting all those new players to gel.

Edited by villalad21

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Maybe Frank should have got a bit more experience under his belt before diving into the Chelsea role.

Not sure one season with Derby where you nearly got them promoted is sufficient.

agreed. always felt was too big for him.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Disgusting.

He can still finish in the top 4. 

I just find it sad to treat a club legend like this. At least have the decency to wait till after the season.

Was always gonna be difficult getting all those new players to gel.

Didnt you want Dean Smith sacked for 2 years?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Asked to do 2 different things

Bring the kids through, he did a good job of it with Mount, tomori, Abraham and James last season

Play the world class superstars, he's out of his depth, got too many options, too many players who don't play in traditional roles

What pep et al do with a squad full or world class players is underrated, it's not as easy to manage as people make it, its a different skill set to manage the personalities 

This is exactly right IMO. He did a really quite good job at Task 1, and a really very poor job at Task 2. The majority of the blame has to lie with the club for completely changing the remit. They just can't do long-term planning; could they not predict that they were going to get itchy fingers and want to splurge on superstars once the ban was over? Hard to work for a boss who can't decide what he wants, and doesn't have the self-awareness to know he's going to change what he wants.

Separately, I don't know anything about this new guy, but the emphasis that they wanted a German speaker to help out (two, is it?) misfiring players seems an *odd* choice of criteria.

• Like 2

I think their forward line up is going to be a challenge for anyone Inc some of the best managers in the world, they have overloaded themselves on talent, werner definitely needs a bespoke role, Havertz I think is a bit more flexible 

Its a nice problem to have but Frank is only out of his depth because their board, or sporting director or whoever it was that sanctioned it all went nuts last summer, of course Frank isn't going to say no to these players but they've created their own downfall

I think Tuchel speaks good English, he has also worked with Silva before and Pulisic. He is just a bit petulant when he doesnt get his own way in the transfer market

Max Allegri must be wondering why his stock has fallen so low

Â