The Manager thread

Xela

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Jose is out goading Liverpool and Klopp, seems like the old version and not the United version

I see he called Lloris the best keeper in the league the other day. Certainly not hyperbole to say Kane and Son are two of the best forwards in world football currently so interested what the press reaction will be end of the season if he finishes 3rd or 4th end of season and 15 points off the league winners as is still likely.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Merry Christmas Thomas tuchel

PSG seem to be another badly run club, Leonardo not up to scratch in transfers or managers 

Difficult club to work at despite having all the money in the world and playing in a uneven league. The start of the season shambles likely didn't help Tuchel either.

Player power almost at Barcelona levels with Neymar being a colossal bell end and injured quite often. M'bappé injured on and off for the better part of 18 months now never 100% fit and getting turned by his advisors and his entourage to get a move.

President Al-Khelaifi spending his time in court with various legal cases and so on and so on.

As much as PSG might be a shitty club in some ways they also have the best youth academy in the world. Such a shame they have to go the Galacticos way rather than give time to players like Moussa Dembélé, Kingsley Coman, Moussa Diaby, Jonathan Ikoné, (Presnel Kimpembe), Christopher Nkunku, Mattéo Guendouzi, Dan-Axel Zagadou, Adrien Rabiot, Boubakary Soumaré, Mike Maignan, Odsonne Edouard, Yacine Brahimi, Alphonse Areola, Tanguy Nianzou, Adil Aouchiche...

The crazy thing being that most seasons the league is so uneven and they are so dominant that they out of all clubs have the ability to give these kids an opportunity to play 

The president seems to be trying to elevate himself to the upper echelons of football too, he's on fifa committees, UEFA committees, plus then his other commitments such as bein and a lot of tennis stuff

Poch the early favourite 

Poch is an ex player so makes sense, I dont think Tuchel is all that and really overhyped. He did well getting PSG to the Champions League final but they were in the easiest side of the draw. He also has struggled vs Ole at times and has a bit of an ego with upper management

46 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Mourinho calling our Dele Alli in the press again. I sort of feel bad for the kid. He needs to get far away from Spurs. 

Mourinho is a sad, petty character. 

Have to agree, publicly blaming him for Spudz conceding last night was very petty and sounded like Mourinho was looking for any excuse to slate him.

Alli’s form has dropped off a cliff in the last 18 months but he doesn’t deserve singling out for public  criticism 

mourinho is simply a bully and a cockwomble to boot. 

His spell in charge of France was a complete mind f***.

Not calling up likes of Pires allegedly due to wrong star sign (later denied), proposing to his GF live on air after they went out of group stage at euro 2008 and then the whole French mutiny at 2010 world cup.

I know they were penalty shoot out away from winning 2006 world but that was more due to Zidane just being amazing in knock out rounds right up to the headbutt. Even then in group stages they drew with Korea and Swiss and were about 30 minutes away from going out.

Mad he lasted 6 years there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Not calling up likes of Pires allegedly due to wrong star sign (later denied), proposing to his GF live on air after they went out of group stage at euro 2008 and then the whole French mutiny at 2010 world cup.

I know they were penalty shoot out away from winning 2006 world but that was more due to Zidane just being amazing in knock out rounds right up to the headbutt. Even then in group stages they drew with Korea and Swiss and were about 30 minutes away from going out.

Apparently Sébastien Corchia is the only scorpion in the squad, bet he's a bit worried by this appointment :D 

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He's basically the French equivalent of Mike Bassett or something. I knew a bunch of French football fans in Hanoi, and none of them had a single positive word about him, just pure scorn.

Â