The Manager thread

Xela

14 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Great move for Wednesday and yes hope he sends Sha packing where they belong. 

His sacking at West Brom was insane, he seemed to have had a really positive effect there and at Doncaster. If I was an inbred nose, I’d be very worried.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, a m ole said:

His sacking at West Brom was insane, he seemed to have had a really positive effect there and at Doncaster. If I was an inbred nose, I’d be very worried.

You never know how things will turn out but I don't think Moore could have done any worse and I'll wager the powers at the baggies regret their decision to this day.

Him turning weds round and relegating the scum comes a close second to us finishing top 6 this year 🙏

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, VillaAlex said:

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink is doing another brilliant job at Burton on his return. Took over bottom of the league and since he's took over have had title winning form and now a healthy distance from the drop.

I'd like to see him in a better league, he seems like a really good manager

*Edit - by "better" I meant the PL ;)

Edited by Mic09

18 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I'd like to see him in a better league, he seems like a really good manager

*Edit - by "better" I meant the PL ;)

I think he managed in the Championship before with QPR

Talk sh*t reporting that Wilder is set to leave Sheffield United. I know the squad isn't great, and I know they've had injuries, but I've felt all year that his players have downed tools after being thrown under the bus on more than 1 occasion. 

27 minutes ago, av1 said:

Talk sh*t reporting that Wilder is set to leave Sheffield United. I know the squad isn't great, and I know they've had injuries, but I've felt all year that his players have downed tools after being thrown under the bus on more than 1 occasion. 

Overachieved, some strange recruitment and had lots you can't necessarily legislate for (wrong end of 1-0 for example)

Brewster signing was bizarre and the sort of thing you do on FM, pay well over the odds knowing the players PA.

Seems a strange one, I don't think he's the problem there and there's no doubting his commitment. It would have been interesting to see this one play out with fans in the stadiums, he's really popular there, but losing isn't. 

Bruce's next job?

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Seems a strange one, I don't think he's the problem there and there's no doubting his commitment. It would have been interesting to see this one play out with fans in the stadiums, he's really popular there, but losing isn't. 

Bruce's next job?

He has already been, think he has pissed off both side of Sheffield already :D 

• Like 2

strange decision as missing a lot of players at the back, I think transfers were awful at the end but he has done a brilliant job

They have new enough Saudi owner so I expect a foreign name manager who will keep them in the Championship for a few seasons more

Wilder has massively over achieved, a fair few of the team that finished 9th last season were with him in league 1

Sacking him is ridiculous and wouldn't surprise me if they ended up back in league 1 rather than promoted back to the prem next season

Obviously something has been going on in the background but essentially Wider has been sacked for the temerity of over-achieving. Getting Sheft Utd promoted was impressive, let alone finishing 9th last season.

It would be hilarious if they got in Lambert or some other  dinosaur manager like Pulis, Hughes or Neil Lennon.  I  can't see Howe going for it to far up north.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Crazy decision.

Wilder was not the problem, though I'd imagine his 'spikey' nature may not have helped his cause. Something seems a bit off there in terms of the ownership, though I can't really put my finger on it. Just read a few bits and pieces and thought it seemed an odd set up.

No idea who they are going to bring in now, surely must be with a view to next season rather than this, will be interesting to see where Wilder goes and how he fairs elsewhere too.

Â