The Manager thread

Xela

4 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I think that is just a lie so that he didn't take the press conference. Oliver Glasner will replace him.

Currently in hospital, stable but undergoing tests.

12 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Must have taken the news badly 😔

Hope he's ok.

Yeah, would be a shame if it was stress related brought on by knowing he was being sacked. 

Didn't he miss our game earlier this season? Probably heart related and he is 76.

Was stupid for Palace to decide to give him the job full time again as now we're reaching an unsavoury end when it could've been avoidable. 

I was genuinely starting to get concerned for Roy, he’s an old man but now looks old. I’m glad he’s gone for his own sake. Hopefully not what put him in hospital though.

Not surprised 

Are palace the most "happy to be here" team in the League? Absolute nothing club, I think they've potentially **** their push for young London talent of 2/3 years ago, took a gamble with vieira that didn't pay off so went ultra boring and safe with woy

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Not surprised 

Are palace the most "happy to be here" team in the League? Absolute nothing club, I think they've potentially **** their push for young London talent of 2/3 years ago, took a gamble with vieira that didn't pay off so went ultra boring and safe with woy

Zaha was a big loss, and had injuries to Eze and Olise. Without those, they are nothing. 

**** me, signed Dier, tried to sign Trippier, now linked with Ole... 

If Liverpool don't get him, or they don't get klopp, then the obvious bayern Munich answer to me is that they go get alonso from leverkusen 

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Not surprised 

Yeah they've got the potential for... something, there. I'm not really sure what it is, but it feels like a sort of alternative London club sort of thing. The club you like if you don't like the usual mob. And a club that's a bit different with some exciting young player

But they've completely **** up that potential with horrible managerial appointments

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah they've got the potential for... something, there. I'm not really sure what it is, but it feels like a sort of alternative London club sort of thing. The club you like if you don't like the usual mob. And a club that's a bit different with some exciting young player

But they've completely **** up that potential with horrible managerial appointments

I'm pretty sure they've got a surprisingly decent academy too

They seemed to be targeting youngsters who had no intention of leaving London but then weren't being picked up by arsenal, spurs or Chelsea all of whom also then have a fair bit of talent not make it there, that's a good pool to fish from but then they had woy in charge and lost all momentum 

They also can't scout a striker for shit, ayew has been their best one for years, they got bad Benteke, edouard, mateta, batshauyi had a garbage year there, sorloth, wickham

• Like 1

They do have a good academy, and one of the knocks on Roy is or should be that he barely played the youngsters and then had a couple of weird instances of specifically slagging them off in post-match interviews. 

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Tuchel to leave at the end of the season. Why not just sack him now, he's been a disaster since he was appointed. Bayern must be holding out for Alonso. 

Unless they have guarantees that he will join it’s baffling.

Â