The Manager thread

Xela

Must admit, I do like Fonseca. Would be a good option for a Premier League team. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Must admit, I do like Fonseca. Would be a good option for a Premier League team. 

Seems like a good coach, watching his team and the way he defended them. I'm sure he's going to pop up somewhere soon tbh.

Ornstein saying West Ham are in talks with Amorim, and Lopetegui being considered to replace Moyes next season.  Both would be good for them reckon, play better football than Moyes.  Be funny seeing the scousers lose Amorim to West Ham 🤣  

42 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Ornstein saying West Ham are in talks with Amorim, and Lopetegui being considered to replace Moyes next season.  Both would be good for them reckon, play better football than Moyes.  Be funny seeing the scousers lose Amorim to West Ham 🤣  

Well that wouldn't happen, they don't want him if he goes to West Ham. Let's not be naive. 

Edited by Mr_Dogg
  • Like 1

We offered Moyes a ten year deal ahead of our first season in the Championship, could still be our manager now if he'd have accepted

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, useless said:

We offered Moyes a ten year deal ahead of our first season in the Championship, could still be our manager now if he'd have accepted

Only person that seems to report that 10 year contract is Gregg Evans so find hard to believe that part

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Both would be good for them reckon, play better football than Moyes.  Be funny seeing the scousers lose Amorim to West Ham 🤣  

Wouldn't be surprised if he turned down Liverpool.

Whoever goes there next is going to fail. Even our Lord and savior Unai was (unfairly) perceived to have failed after following Wenger, Moyes same after Fergie etc. Same will happen whoever follows Klopp.

It's likely true as Evans reported it just before The Athletic did a big interview with Wyness and they reported it again as fact in that Wyness article

When O'Neill left we were heavily linked with Moyes and I distinctly remember listening to some local Liverpool radio station one night because it had been reported that they'd reported he was going to join Villa.

I really don't think the West Ham squad is very great, a well regarded manager would be risking their repuation by taking that job unless there's scope to rebuild big time, Moyes got them doning well as the players suit his old fashioined rugged tactics, similar to Howe at Newcastle.

Although Lopetegui has apparently been waiting for PL job after turning down Saudi offer, so maybe he would take it, again if he can spend, as saw what happened at Wolves when he wasn't able to at Wolves

They've also been linked with Tuchel.

If Newcastle sack Howe he would probably be a good fit for West Ham squad and seems the type their owners like, having appointed Bruce, McLeish, Allardyce, and Moyes twice in their time.

3 hours ago, duke313 said:

It’s time for Slippy G to ride to the rescue with Hendo on the back of the horse and coach Rooney alongside them to help! Soccerball’s coming home!!! 

Edited by DaveAV1

39 minutes ago, useless said:

I really don't think the West Ham squad is very great, a well regarded manager would be risking their repuation by taking that job unless there's scope to rebuild big time, Moyes got them doning well as the players suit his old fashioined rugged tactics, similar to Howe at Newcastle.

Although Lopetegui has apparently been waiting for PL job after turning down Saudi offer, so maybe he would take it, again if he can spend, as saw what happened at Wolves when he wasn't able to at Wolves

They've also been linked with Tuchel.

If Newcastle sack Howe he would probably be a good fit for West Ham squad and seems the type their owners like, having appointed Bruce, McLeish, Allardyce, and Moyes twice in their time.

The FA want Howe to replace Southgate, Howe seems to be dropping off now so he’d be perfect for the trophy avoiding idiots at the FA. 

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

The FA want Howe to replace Southgate, Howe seems to be dropping off now so he’d be perfect for the trophy avoiding idiots at the FA. 

P. S. more sobs on the Tyne….

21 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Howe will probably qualify for Europe again this season

He's dropping off from over achieving last season... 

FWIW I think he'll be good at it, same with deano like I said in his thread I think international football at that level with a bit of luck over the squad available - which by and large England currently have - a manager who puts round pegs in round holes and sends them out to play with a smile on their face will have a great chance 

There's not many if any tactical geniuses or world class managers in charge of national teams, they don't need incredible CVs 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Liverpool talking to Fonseca now and Bayern about to appoint Rangnick which is bizarre

Leadership in Bayern have somehow managed to do that job kind of unappealing.

Â