The Manager thread

Xela

28 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Great sleuthing there....did the account post anything when Gerrard was sacked here?

I know! He did seem to make it fairly easy to find out though. Haha. 

Sadly as its now deleted can't check if he posted anything at the time 😕

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Xela said:

Is the De Zerbi gloss coming off? 

😂

I was just coming into this thread to ask the question if he's actually and extremely overrated manager.

Media like to link him to the likes of Liverpool etc but can't see that calibre of club going for him. 

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

😂

I was just coming into this thread to ask the question if he's actually and extremely overrated manager.

Media like to link him to the likes of Liverpool etc but can't see that calibre of club going for him. 

Well he did pretty good work at Sassuolo and Donetsk. Last season with 6th and FA cup SF was a big success for Brighton. Yes Potter laid the foundations but De Zerbi actually got them to score goals and meet their xG regularly.

League form isn't great but they still should be only 5 points off 6th so still in the mix but other competitions taking priority currently especially as they have endless injuries.

I actually do think he'll be in the mix for Liverpool if Xabi Alonso isn't interested. And some of the bigger Serie A clubs.

If people are asking why West Ham fans are getting annoyed at Moyes and what do Palace expect then not sure what noise would be directed at De Zerbi.

Brighton are still top 10 and in a major cup competition. If people seriously think they could've challenged for top 4 selling their two major CMs then that simply isn't realistic, would be like people demanding us finishing even 6th if say we sold Ramsey and Luiz in the same summer and just replaced them internally.

Any Brighton manager doing well and gaining a big reputation in the game off the back of that, if they want to maintain that reputation, should leave whilst their stock is high, as Brighton are a team that is always going to be capable of going on a bad run, which is why despite it not working out at Chelsea Potter probably left at the right time, Deservey still probably has a good enough reputation that he could get an high profile job, but maybe not at a club such as Man Utd as he was being linked to earlier this season, maybe unfair, but I think it's the way it is

Brighton won five of their first six, but have only won six of their last twenty-one since then

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Every manager at Watford is interim. They average two or three a year.

Normally yes but they have given this guy pretty much all season and has been dreadful. 29% win record

5 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Every manager at Watford is interim. They average two or three a year.

Just 3 more Watford managers until Christmas!

• Haha 2

Leicester Women investigate manager Willie Kirk over alleged player relationship

Leicester City Women are investigating their manager, Willie Kirk, over allegations of a relationship with one of their players and he will not be on the touchline for their game at ­Liverpool on Saturday.

It is understood that Kirk has been suspended pending the investigation into the allegations.

A Leicester spokesperson said: “Willie Kirk is assisting the club with an internal process, the outcomes of which will be determined in due course. Assistant manager Jennifer Foster and first-team coach Stephen Kirby will take charge of the team for Saturday’s FA Women’s Cup tie at Liverpool.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/mar/08/leicester-women-investigate-manager-willie-kirk-over-alleged-player-relationship

Posted (edited)
On 10/03/2024 at 14:29, sne said:

It seems that women just don't like Willie Kirk. Maybe he wasn't in a relationship, but they don't like him and they want to get rid of him. Even if they can't prove anything, he'll be off the team in a while. That's my guess.

Edited by ZacSr

4 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

I'm probably being dumb here but what's the bloke actually done wrong to warrant being suspended?

Yes, that's an interesting question. The article doesn't say anything specific. They just say that an investigation is underway.

Â