The Manager thread

Xela

6 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

I'm probably being dumb here but what's the bloke actually done wrong to warrant being suspended?

I’m guessing you can’t be in a relationship with a member of your playing staff 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

There's nothing legally wrong with relationships in the workplace, but more large organisations would want you to inform them of anything that could cause a conflict of interest, and having a relationship with someone who reports to you and whose career you can influence is a major no-no most of the time. The few times I've seen it happen one of them has been moved to another area of the business outside of the other person's reporting structure, which isn't really viable in a football team.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

I'm probably being dumb here but what's the bloke actually done wrong to warrant being suspended?

Am guessing its something in his contract that he cant be in a relationship with a player

After the Arsenal/Porto game I was looking up Sérgio Conceição on Wikipedia and ended up on the Lazio page, specifically the 1999/00 season in which they won the league under Sven.

Conceição, along with Simeone, Inzaghi and Roberto Mancini all playing for them that season.  Has a team ever produced as many top-quality managers as that?  Can also add the late Siniša Mihajlović as well, who had a decent managerial career in Serie A.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

After the Arsenal/Porto game I was looking up Sérgio Conceição on Wikipedia and ended up on the Lazio page, specifically the 1999/00 season in which they won the league under Sven.

Conceição, along with Simeone, Inzaghi and Roberto Mancini all playing for them that season.  Has a team ever produced as many top-quality managers as that?  Can also add the late Siniša Mihajlović as well, who had a decent managerial career in Serie A.

Was a great team at the time as well, Almeyda and Stankovic also won leagues recently 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I said it a few months ago that Alonso seems sensible and not an arrogant clearing in the woods like Gerrard or Lampard and would be happy to develop further as a coach before making the next step up

Kieran McKenna has done a ridiculous job at Ipswich. Had an amazing start but they started to drop off around January so assumed they'd move down the table to 4th/5th and just be happy with play offs.

To have them actually top with only 7 games left now is MOTY worthy.

I'd quite like to see them come up to the prem as they have some interesting attacking players who could step up I think.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

Let Gerrard go....he won't harm you now. 😛

He is a crime on football and should be picked on at every opportunity

Edited by Zatman

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

He is a crime on football and should be picked on at every opportunity

4th highest paid manager in the world. 

Current Premier League Managers and their full names

Mikel Arteta Amatriain
Jürgen Norbert Klopp
Josep Guardiola i Sala
Unai Emery Etxegoien
Angelos Postecoglou
Erik ten Hag
David William Moyes
Edward John Frank Howe
Roberto De Zerbi
Gary Paul O'Neil
Mauricio Roberto Pochettino Trossero
Marco Alexandre Saraiva da Silva
Andoni Iraola Sagarna
Oliver Glasner
Thomas Frank
Sean Mark Dyche
Nuno Herlander Simões Espírito Santo
Robert Owen Edwards
Vincent Jean Mpoy Kompany
Christopher John Wilder

• Thanks 1

Kompany has come out having a pop at refereeing but when making his defence he claimed that refereeing was great last year

What a clown

• 2 weeks later...
Â