Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

Every time I watch him live he looks completely luckless and not really very good.

I won't blame him for blocking the goal as stuff like that happens when you're not getting luck.

What really annoyed me is constantly being told he needs crosses and he'll score 20 a season.

We finally hit a good cross in the second half which cut out the Boro defence, he was unmarked 6 yards out and he completely missed his kick.

I just don't think it will work out for him here and his minutes will be limited with Kodjia back.

• Like 1

I don't know if it's a whoscored error that will be corrected. But they have him down as attempting 1 pass in 45 minutes of football. 

9 touches, 1 pass, 1 miss kick and getting in the way of a clear goal. In all seriousness i think i could have done that. 

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He looks like he is made out of cement, no touch, no pace, no reactions, this could turn out to be the worst signing we've ever made. I genuinely thought he'd be a good play for us but he doesn't even look league one standard.

He scored 2 against a league 1 team

I still have hope for Hogan. Even if he can be an impact sub to get us around 10 goals, he would have been a good signing. 

Just now, Czechlad said:

I still have hope for Hogan. Even if he can be an impact sub to get us around 10 goals, he would have been a good signing. 

That's not good enough for his fee, players signed for a fraction of Hogan do that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Paying that much for an impact sub who scores 10 goals would be terrible business. 

And i think there's little chance that he gets 10 league goals. 

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't know if it's a whoscored error that will be corrected. But they have him down as attempting 1 pass in 45 minutes of football. 

Can't be true. I can think of numerous times he was involved in a bit of passing play.

(that's not a defence of him, just saying)

• Like 1

Hogan was more of a threat in the second half than Davis was the whole time he played. 

Hogan needs to be starting games. He's a confidence player and he will only feel confident if he's trusted. 

Cant blame him for the blocking of that shot. The flash couldn't have got out the way of that shot 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, the missed kick was even worse than the goal-line block. 

You can't miss the ball in the area as a professional footballer, you just can't. Marlon Harewood would have tucked that away. 

Image result for i don't know about all that meme

Surely you are only saying that because Marlon was at the game as confirmed on twitter? lol

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Every time I watch him live he looks completely luckless and not really very good.

I won't blame him for blocking the goal as stuff like that happens when you're not getting luck.

What really annoyed me is constantly being told he needs crosses and he'll score 20 a season.

We finally hit a good cross in the second half which cut out the Boro defence, he was unmarked 6 yards out and he completely missed his kick.

I just don't think it will work out for him here and his minutes will be limited with Kodjia back.

He's a player that relies on space to play in.....He can't get it with us.....everyone of our players gets closed down too easily.....its all too claustrophobic for him.

Think people are being very harsh on him. He had speed and is a good finisher. When have we utilised that yet? We rarely put him through on goal or give him clear cut chances.. 

He also needs a start of games with the same players to build some combinations. Adomah Kodjia and Hogan uptop and stick with it.. plenty of goals there

• Like 1

Â