Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Look I can think of 2 small forwards who was able to make up for their size.....Craig Bellemy and David Speedie....not only were they quick, they were tenacious and scrapped for everything...they ratted for their opportunities.

Scott is passive and trots around aimlessly, no drive....a decision has to be made with players like this.

Totally agree, players like Bellamy had that animal within them and he was a real pest to the opposition defence. If Hogan isn't scoring, which he isn't and hasn't been since he arrived, he is offering absolutely nothing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Avcol said:

Totally agree, players like Bellamy had that animal within them and he was a real pest to the opposition defence. If Hogan isn't scoring, which he isn't and hasn't been since he arrived, he is offering absolutely nothing.

Our recruitment in the main has stuffed our club.....for far too long

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

Look I can think of 2 small forwards who was able to make up for their size.....Craig Bellemy and David Speedie....not only were they quick, they were tenacious and scrapped for everything...they ratted for their opportunities.

Speedie was excellent in the air too.

1 minute ago, mottaloo said:

Speedie was excellent in the air too.

Andy Gray was only 5'10.

its all about Heart.

Tammy is 6'3.....but he has heart too....I guess his first against QPR, his height helped him, but his heart took him there.

2 hours ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

he has done it before!!

Once. For about 30 games.

You know what else he's done before? Been crap.

The 30 game purple patch he had is the exception.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Avcol said:

Our players do too.

Pussy.

I was excited that Smith could find his previous form, but I think he is just a one season wonder. What a waste. He didn't even aggressively press which was one of the few things he brought last season. 

Maybe try to do a straight swap with Brentford for Maupay or Sawyers? 

The problem we have is a lot of players like Hogan we’ve signed over the past few years that are on big wages. They are not going to get anywhere near that at another club. So the only way we can actually sell them is if they have a massive desire to play football and will take a big wage cut. It’s unlikely to happen. 

So we’re stuck with them until their contracts run down im afraid. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I was excited that Smith could find his previous form, but I think he is just a one season wonder. What a waste. He didn't even aggressively press which was one of the few things he brought last season. 

Maybe try to do a straight swap with Brentford for Maupay or Sawyers? 

Why would Brentford do a straight swap for one of the leagues top scorers in exchange for someone who can’t score in a brothel ?

I've always tried to defend him during his time here, mainly because he never gets a run in the team, or because of the tactics we were playing under the previous manager.

But it's very hard to defend his performance today. 

• Like 1

Loan him out. He needs a lot of game time if he's ever going look anything remotely like what he used to(before joining us). 

Loan out, sell in the summer. He might do well with fresh start. However it's obvious it's not going to be with Aston Villa. 

• Like 1

Did he play up front at Brentford on his own ? 

Have no idea but I feel a bit sorry for a few of them today as in ohare and Hogan. Playing a soft midfield who won pretty much nothing and expecting to put in a mega performance,  don't make as Many changes and only introduce 1 or 2 changes at a time to give players coming in a chance

Players like adomah were absolute shite today, lazy, inept and lacking any sort of effort.

Add that to 2 players trying too hard when the ball comes near them then it just gets worse.

He was not good today nor was ohare, both suffered from a powderpuff midfield who couldn't do basic pass and move.

Get the ball less so try harder to do something when they got it and mess it up most of the time.

Edited by brummybloke

Â