Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

21 hours ago, KHV said:

A 2k per week footballer at best earning 18x more than he is worth.

Welcome to the wonderful world of AVFC.

A club dishing out premier league wages because nobody nobody at the top has got the memo we are a mediocre second rate outfit living on past glories.

30k+ per week for this doughnut tells you everything that is wrong here. 

Too many on easy street. 

The worst thing is that he is on half the wages of our highest earners. 

Until everyone over 15k per week at this club has gone you are going to get not much more than a minimum effort. 

Leeds and Norwich are at the top and I can assure everyone they ain't paying 30k never mind 75k per week we are paying some of our so called stars.

That's a fire sale and I'm happy with that as well, just keep Mcginn and Grealish.

I feel for him, he does seem to be trying really hard, but every time he plays we just seem to start hoofing it, which just is not his game (Or it's just more obvious when he is playing as he is the worst target man ever).

Smith has got the best out of him before, maybe with grealish back, and if Lansbury finds some form and our team playing proper football again, he might shine, though my patience with him is quickly wearing thin. 

23 hours ago, KHV said:

A club dishing out premier league wages because nobody nobody at the top has got the memo we are a mediocre second rate outfit living on past glories.

Too many on easy street. 

Until everyone over 15k per week at this club has gone you are going to get not much more than a minimum effort. 

Leeds and Norwich are at the top and I can assure everyone they ain't paying 30k never mind 75k per week we are paying some of our so called stars.

This is so tragically true. We’ve got a load of overpaid players that haven’t really earned it.  

8 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

I feel for him, he does seem to be trying really hard, but every time he plays we just seem to start hoofing it, which just is not his game (Or it's just more obvious when he is playing as he is the worst target man ever).

Smith has got the best out of him before, maybe with grealish back, and if Lansbury finds some form and our team playing proper football again, he might shine, though my patience with him is quickly wearing thin. 

When he joined us I listened to his interview and came away thinking how impressive he spoke. He sounded confident in his ability ambitious and I just got this feeling he was destined for the top.

I've been very patient with him, style of play, poor tactics, injurys all seemed plausible for him not doing well here.

Finally, I have concluded that it is not going to work out here. I think due to a combination of the reasons above and his confidence being at an all time low. I also now feel he just doesn't have the talent.

Time to move on and for us to recoup as much as we can.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

He has been with us for 2 years and has showed nothing to justify the ridiculous transfer fee we paid for him.

What made it worse was that Bruce spent all that money on him despite the fact that Hogan as a player is fundamentally unsuited to Bruceball.

• Like 1

He had two good chances and was unlucky not to score against Swansea. A striker needs a stroke of luck sometimes, especially in baren runs. He needs a chance in a team that, as other have pointed out, play to his strengths. I think him a Davies could work , especially with someone who can pick a pass playing in midfield .

10 minutes ago, tinker said:

He had two good chances and was unlucky not to score against Swansea. A striker needs a stroke of luck sometimes, especially in baren runs. He needs a chance in a team that, as other have pointed out, play to his strengths. I think him a Davies could work , especially with someone who can pick a pass playing in midfield .

We're not going to play 2 up front though, or at least I doubt we are.

So i don't see how Hogan is ever going to get a run in the team. He's done nothing to justify it. Currently he's at least 3rd in line (I'd argue he's 4th or 5th). Even if Abraham leaves he'd be down the pecking order, and that's before we buy anyone to replace Abraham.

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

We're not going to play 2 up front though, or at least I doubt we are.

So i don't see how Hogan is ever going to get a run in the team. He's done nothing to justify it. Currently he's at least 3rd in line (I'd argue he's 4th or 5th). Even if Abraham leaves he'd be down the pecking order, and that's before we buy anyone to replace Abraham

Looking at Smith's comments it's clear he's going to get a run in the team , hope he works out. Smith knows what type of chances he needs and that gives him a big advantage. 

1 minute ago, tinker said:

Looking at Smith's comments it's clear he's going to get a run in the team , hope he works out. Smith knows what type of chances he needs and that gives him a big advantage. 

fingers crossed.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Chicken Field said:

I don't know how people continue to post this stuff 2 years after signing him.

As stevo said, i've never seen anything like it. 

• Like 2

I guess scott is one of those players, where the admission that we cocked up, is taking so long to arrive.

I think procrastination like this is tainting our reputation.

He needs be loaned out, presuming no one wants to buy him.

All players seem to have some sort of worth, we seem to be able drag every bit out of them, that a ten foot barge pole is always talked about.

I would sooner seen Doris the tea lady with his shirt.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I guess scott is one of those players, where the admission that we cocked up, is taking so long to arrive.

I think procrastination like this is tainting our reputation.

No our reputation is to buy players, play them 3 or 4 times what they already are on, realise that they aren't that good, and wait until their massive contract runs out.

Edited by The Fun Factory

On 06/01/2019 at 00:01, KHV said:

Too many on easy street. 

ditto

Â