Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

Just had a quick look on his 'likes' on Twitter, and he has been liking all of James Bree's posts about joining Villa and a new chapter and great club PR spin, so anyone doubting whether it'll happen, rest assured all the signs point to him coming here.

Trent says so, AVFCtransfers says so, he still has a lion as his cover photo and still follows Dr Tony, so it's all good. I reckon he'll be announced tomorrow morning.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

He is defo one that would step up a level. 

It's always a good sign when a player keeps playing well as he goes through the divisions.

First saw him play for Plymouth in league 2, then he moved on to Barnsley and was one of the best players in league one last season and is continuing on that trend in the championship.

Mind you I thought that of Cleverley once if you study his loan spells!

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Just had a quick look on his 'likes' on Twitter, and he has been liking all of James Bree's posts about joining Villa and a new chapter and great club PR spin, so anyone doubting whether it'll happen, rest assured all the signs point to him coming here.

Trent says so, AVFCtransfers says so, he still has a lion as his cover photo and still follows Dr Tony, so it's all good. I reckon he'll be announced tomorrow morning.

That's a logical way of looking at things..But we are villa fans.. we expect the worst as we have had a rotten 5-6 years

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

It's always a good sign when a player keeps playing well as he goes through the divisions.

First saw him play for Plymouth in league 2, then he moved on to Barnsley and was one of the best players in league one last season and is continuing on that trend in the championship.

Mind you I thought that of Cleverley once if you study his loan spells!

I've seen him play for Argyle many times and he's a proper box to box midfielder with an eye for goal, good passer, covers a lot of ground and a leader

Apparently  Argyle have a sell on clause with Barnsley (10-20%) which may be a minor reason for any delay. Hopefully this with go through tomorrow with Villa getting a fine player and Argyle getting a bit of a bonus :-) 

• Like 1

As he's the linked player I've wanted us to sign the most I'm feeling uneasy about this delay.

The Villa's propensity for disappointing of late has me imagining a late gazumping by some relegation fighting PL team. 

The signings so far are promising, but Hourihane is the one that would have me believing we could sneak into the play-offs. 

• Like 1

Â