Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

7 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

Why does he only cost £1m? i know his contract runs out in the summer, but still £1m seems to cheap.

Yeah, no idea.  I mean, I can't imagine Barnsley are loaded so the money might be important to them... but £1m still seems too cheap these days.

6 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

Why does he only cost £1m? i know his contract runs out in the summer, but still £1m seems to cheap.

That is not our problem our job is to secure players as less expensive as possible.

however,I hope we "don't spoil the ship for a Ha'peth of tar"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:
On 1/13/2017 at 22:26, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Can't remember the last Corkman to play for Villa if ever there was one.

There will be soon.

We don't know for certain what the price is though, it is all speculation at the moment. Or, it is possible he had a release fee put in his contract? Who knows, not me that is for sure. :)

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Yeah, no idea.  I mean, I can't imagine Barnsley are loaded so the money might be important to them... but £1m still seems too cheap these days.

Even if a player's contract is ending in 6 months, competing clubs can dictate what a players sale value is. If Connor is determined to join Villa this month, if not, he will see out his contract and leave for free in June, then Barnsley don't have much to stand on. The deal might be hanging on whether Barnsley are willing to take the loss of a fee in exchange for four more months of Hourihane's services.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I want Hourihane, because I don't want Lansbury being ruined by having too much to do.

we need players who can rely on their mates to be there and share the load,

then we may get some much needed balance back.

We need him because if Landsferry gets injured or suspended we will be back to the square root of poo

Â