Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

38 minutes ago, av1 said:

I agree about Hourihane. A midfield of him and Lansbury would offer grit, flair, and balance (with Hourihane being left footed)

It also would mean that our midfield 2 (or 3 if played with Jedinak) would be made up of guys that had all captained their former clubs. 

So do I, means we would actually be able to play a 2 man midfield without being totally overrun, which would allow Jack or Ross to play the No10 role

• Like 1

On the Beeb now http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38678348

Henri Lansbury: Aston Villa close to signing Nottingham Forest captain

• 8 minutes ago
  • From the sectionFootball
Sharethis page
Henri Lansbury in action for Nottingham Forest
Henri Lansbury has made 150 appearances for Nottingham Forest since joining from Arsenal in August 2012

Aston Villa are expected to complete the signing of Nottingham Forest captain Henri Lansbury by the end of Friday, reports BBC Nottingham Sport.

Forest rejected an offer from fierce rivals Derby County for the 26-year-old midfielder earlier in January.

The Rams have retained their interest in the former Arsenal player, for whom they made a bid of about £2.5m.

But Villa are believed to have offered about £3.5m for Lansbury, who is out of contract in the summer.

Lansbury, who joined Forest from the Gunners in August 2012, has scored six goals in 19 appearances this season, but he has not played since suffering a hamstring injury before the 3-0 loss at Derby on 11 December.

Just now, JNortonAVFC said:

So do I, means we would actually be able to play a 2 man midfield without being totally overrun, which would allow Jack or Ross to play the No10 role

Agreed. I'd probably be looking back to the MON team to find the last time i was happy with a midfield 2. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Agreed. I'd probably be looking back to the MON team to find the last time i was happy with a midfield 2. 

I'd stick jedinak in front of the back 4 and hourihane and Lansbury would both give him far more aid than Westwood and Gardner - creativity about to return to our midfield at long last .

Just now, Eastie said:

I'd stick jedinak in front of the back 4 and hourihane and Lansbury would both give him far more aid than Westwood and Gardner - creativity about to return to our midfield at long last .

I think with Hourihane and Lansbury in the squad, it gives the manager a number of options, not only regarding personnel, but also formation. Its been a long time since we've had that. 

4 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Isn't Lansbury still injured, or at least returning from injury which may preclude him from any immediate starting berth?

I asked this earlier. After a bit i searching, i found the following, which seems to suggest he is now fit. 

Henri Lansbury's move to Aston Villa is expected to be completed by close of play tomorrow – so that the midfielder can play for Steve Bruce's side this weekend.

The Nottingham Forest skipper is expected to undergo a medical this evening, ahead of completing a £3m move to the West Midlands.

Lansbury, 26, had made it clear to caretaker boss Gary Brazil that he would be available for selection if he was still a Forest player this weekend, when Bristol City visit the City Ground.

But the former Arsenal man has now seemingly pulled on a Forest shirt for the final time, with Villa looking to push the move through in order for Lansbury to be involved when they face Preston this weekend.

Here

Spoiler

26 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Isn't Lansbury still injured, or at least returning from injury which may preclude him from any immediate starting berth?

He is fit again but hasn't played a competitive game since 11th December. Doubt he would start against Preston. 

Â