Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

12 minutes ago, hippo said:

Even if the embargo for forest is on purchases - wouldn't that mean they are less likely to release Lansbury as they wouldn't be allowed to bring in a replacement. 

It could be like that - but if previous reports are correct and he has already emptied his locker, Forest can't force him to play. Textbook case of when the player isn't happy, the Club should do an Elsa and.....

LET IT GO... Let it go... etc.

54 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Am I right in saying he will need to sign today in order to play on Saturday?

I believe so yes. Although maybe as late kick off might be allowed if completed by tomorrow morning.

I'm not expecting him to play to be honest. More likely home league game 

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Even if the embargo for forest is on purchases - wouldn't that mean they are less likely to release Lansbury as they wouldn't be allowed to bring in a replacement. 

But he cleaned out his locker. He can't play without boots.

I keep reading that Lansbury is one of those irritating basterds that the opposition hate to play against. Bruce managed o get the best out of savage doing that, so hopefully can be same if we get Lansbury. About time we got in the opposition face so they dreaded playing us.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

It really does make you think how on earth some players make it. 

And why on earth do we sign them! Dawkins, Sylla, salifou, crespo, Balaban, llori, Westwood, Bennet, actually there must be a whole teams worth of real rubbish players we have signed over the last 20 years, heck even just the last ten years.

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I keep reading that Lansbury is one of those irritating basterds that the opposition hate to play against. Bruce managed o get the best out of savage doing that, so hopefully can be same if we get Lansbury. About time we got in the opposition face so they dreaded playing us.

He is a bit different to Savage though because he can also play football significantly better than Robbie ever did. :D

I got the feeling when we played Forest earlier this season from his interaction with a couple of our players that he had one eye on making a move to us in the future I hope he does so in the next few days. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

And why on earth do we sign them! Dawkins, Sylla, salifou, crespo, Balaban, llori, Westwood, Bennet, actually there must be a whole teams worth of real rubbish players we have signed over the last 20 years, heck even just the last ten years.

To be fair he had just torn up the Euros, I don't anyone could have seen it turn out as it did.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair he had just torn up the Euros, I don't anyone could have seen it turn out as it did.

no he didnt, he had torn up a few World Cup qualifiers against the mighty Latvia

Â