The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

next season I expect us to be favourites to go up automatically based on manager, budget and players that we signed

Let's say just hypothetically Chelsea bid 25m for kodjia and then it completely changes. Yes we have money but replacing him.will be different. Also how do we know the teams that come down won't significantly strengthen? Same with wolves who have very wealthy owners.

I don't think we will be favorites and I prefer us being underdogs tbh

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

next season I expect us to be favourites to go up automatically based on manager, budget and players that we signed

Ive seen nothing to suggest any reason to make us anywhere near being one of the favourites to be top six next year, let alone automatic promotion, I think wishful thinking is all that would make us favourites for that as things stand

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, mockingbird_franklin said:

Ive seen nothing to suggest any reason to make us anywhere near being one of the favourites to be top six next year, let alone automatic promotion, I think wishful thinking is all that would make us favourites for that as things stand

I think the fact we are Aston Villa Fc does makes us want/feel that we are/will be favourites to go up next season - but I make you right I have seen nothing either to suggest so- I honestly believe that a good start will be vital if we are to go up- confidence and momentum is everything in football you only have to look at Leicester last year to see this much- also you can factor in that when a big club gets on a roll - you get the juggernaut effect that's hard to halt.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I can. Only we could go on a 13 game winning run when we have nothing to play for.

What an odd post! Only Villa could go on a 13 game winning run! A run that would leave us with 78 points and in the playoffs. I think I'm watching a different football team to you but I don't doubt that if this happened you'd still be complaining that the football wasn't good enough!! 

On 2/5/2017 at 21:31, flashingqwerty said:

Under Bruce i dont see us pushing fir anything but relegation.

If this squad were properly managed we could do it. Its a cracking team on paper.

How many million times has that been said about every team in every sport.