January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

Cloggers is that a defamatory term now? Jedinak was bought solely for this reason. Westwood is slated for not being enough of a clogged!! Midfield is the stand out position we need reinforcing. If we can get Veretout back now I would as he'd play well in a 3. I've no idea who we can get but that's our weakest area. I'd also look to loan in a proper right back. 

20 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Cloggers is that a defamatory term now? Jedinak was bought solely for this reason. Westwood is slated for not being enough of a clogged!! Midfield is the stand out position we need reinforcing. If we can get Veretout back now I would as he'd play well in a 3. I've no idea who we can get but that's our weakest area. I'd also look to loan in a proper right back. 

"Cloggers" if you want them to be a negative in your argument, "enforcers" if you want them to be a positive.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Such a lazy stereotype with regards to Bruce.

Hang on,  someone was quoting what they thought would happen based on what he has done before.  When fans are being asked to judge the man on his experience in this league and what he has done before it is only fair that they also apply that to his transfer strategy.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Richard said:

Hang on,  someone was quoting what they thought would happen based on what he has done before.  When fans are being asked to judge the man on his experience in this league and what he has done before it is only fair that they also apply that to his transfer strategy.

Nice try, but no.

When questioned on this lazy stereotype, Zatman provided 1 name, then 4 more. 5 names in a 20 year career doesn't validate a lazy stereotype I'm afraid.

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Nice try, but no.

When questioned on this lazy stereotype, Zatman provided 1 name, then 4 more. 5 names in a 20 year career doesn't validate a lazy stereotype I'm afraid.

Actually you are wrong.  Your post that I quoted and questioned came directly after Zatman had said this " It will be a MON like transfer policy, some midfield cloggers in the mould of Savage or Damien Johnson. so I expect a return for Steve Sidwell and Reo-Coker "

I've emboldened the bits from Zatman's post which are relevant to the point I was,  correctly,  making.

You're making out that these two assumptions are on the same level, whereas one is totally subjective and the other is objective.

Bruce has success at achieving promotion in this league, indisputable fact.

Bruce signs midfield cloggers. Subjective, stereotype, confirmation bias. Using vague terms like 'in the mould of' and 'i expect' doesn't change that. You're arguing semantics at that point. 

You're making a argument that simply isn't there.

Edited by StefanAVFC

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

You're making out that these two assumptions are on the same level, whereas one is totally subjective and the other is objective.

Bruce has success at achieving promotion in this league, indisputable fact.

Bruce signs midfield cloggers. Subjective, stereotype, confirmation bias. Using vague terms like 'in the mould of' and 'i expect' doesn't change that. You're arguing semantics at that point. 

You're making a argument that simply isn't there.

Again you are wrong.  Any assumption of what the man will do based on what he has done is subjective,  ANY assumption. Bruce may have success at promotion in this league,  but does that mean he will have it with us?  That is subjective.

Bruce has signed this type of player in the past so another poster thinks and therefore thinks he will do so again. Also subjective and also based on know;edge of how that manager has performed in the past. 

Both are using past experiences to make a subjective comment about possible future scenarios.  You cannot deny one but allow the other.

• Like 1

Just now, Richard said:

Again you are wrong.  Any assumption of what the man will do based on what he has done is subjective,  ANY assumption. Bruce may have success at promotion in this league,  but does that mean he will have it with us?  That is subjective.

Bruce has signed this type of player in the past so another poster thinks and therefore thinks he will do so again. Also subjective and also based on know;edge of how that manager has performed in the past. 

Both are using past experiences to make a subjective comment about possible future scenarios.  You cannot deny one but allow the other.

False equivalence. Again.

I'm bored, and out.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, IwishIwasalivein1982 said:

Wonder if the Hernandez deal would go through if he went to a manager he knows...

He's been offered a new deal at Hull, making him the highest paid player at the club.

(if you believe the papers...)

2 hours ago, sne said:

He's been offered a new deal at Hull, making him the highest paid player at the club.

(if you believe the papers...)

that 1 goal in 7 games and 5 in 35 Premier League games really earned him that