January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

40 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

So of the 26 that are here lets cut the kids some slack. Gollini, Lyden, Tshibola, Grealish and Green. Those 5 can always improve and most of us wouldn't have an issue with them at least making up the squad and maybe 2 or 3 could head out on loan even. Obvious first teamers - so Chester, Baker, Amavi, Jedinak, Adomah and Kodjia for me at the moment. They pick themselves due to lack of real competition if they're all fit. Johnstone is in for the first team. that's 12 out of 26. RDL and Steer are injured ok so 14 of this squad of 26 going nowhere.

Of the other 12 Hutton, Bunn and Kozak are on expiring contracts. Unless something weird happens (Kozak gets a free etc) it's fairly safe to assume they are here for the remainder of the season. But they certainly aren't generating any income. Richards is injured until after the window shuts.

Leaving the other 8. Bacuna, Cissokho, Elphick, Gardner, Westwood, Gabby, Ayew and MCormack. I'd argue these are our saleable commodities. However Cissokho and Elphick are the only cover for their positions. McCormack is an 8 figure signing this season and for me it would be odd to let him leave. What with the injuries at RB Bacuna is the cover for Hutton but even if Richards comes back from injury in Feb, Bacuna is still our only cover for Adomah. As well as our left midfielder atm it seems. Ayew is arguably our second best striker and a starting 11 player arguably our best left midfielder this year too. 

So anyone want to buy a slightly used Westwood or Gardner? What about an injured Richards? Gabby? 

Oh. I see. So maybe entertaining offers on Cissokho, Bacuna, Ayew or McCormack isn't so silly after all.........

But we're in a mess - important to remember these guys didn't make it - but all these things don't usually get sorted in 3-4 weeks.

Yep and its going to take some time to get out of it, I would guess c2 seasons.......of making the right decisions.

• Like 1

Let's have a go:

Bree

Lansbury
Hourihane
Cleverley
McCarthy 
Brady 
Schlupp

Rhodes

??

3/4 of:

Lansbury

Hourihane

Brady/Schlupp

Rhodes

honestly I have no idea, just going off the reports and rumours 

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

Just now, TRO said:

Yep and its going to take some time to get out of it, I would guess c2 seasons.......of making the right decisions.

I didn't get the Gardner contract extention at all TRO. With the 3 midfielders out on loan we have 9 Central midfielders on the books (ok gil/Grealish could be argued as wide players but you get my point). And we ideally require a minimum of 2 Central Midfielders in in this window in most people's eyes! Mine included and that's just to be competitive. It's a shambles.

3 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

I didn't get the Gardner contract extention at all TRO. With the 3 midfielders out on loan we have 9 Central midfielders on the books (ok gil/Grealish could be argued as wide players but you get my point). And we ideally require a minimum of 2 Central Midfielders in in this window in most people's eyes! Mine included and that's just to be competitive. It's a shambles.

I don't get the Gardner contract either.....but we are not privvy to everything that goes on,and all the factors to be considered.

I trust the present set up in General......but have the suspicion that the mess we talk about, is far greater than we first thought.

Its one hell of a job turning this gargantuan around from a lame dog to a fit fighting machine.

you also have to factor in that maybe not all the cooks necessarily agree on the recipe of the broth( hoping that is not the case).....thats something else, we fans would not be privvy too....if it was so.

I am hoping SR & SB do sing off the same Hymn sheet.

I may be wrong on this but I do get the impression that when the mighty fall, there is a queue to kick you, when you are down.....I feel that at the moment, thats not to say I expect sympathy or favours. from other clubs.

There is only one way back from all this .....FIGHT....I just hope we have the stomach & patience for it ( particularly the players).

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Don't worry mate, I still 'liked' it. You deserve that green ribbon for effort. 

Thanks mate. I was sure I was going to be first and that I would look like a well informed member of the group... hopes dashed, confidence ruined, but I like my green ribbon. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Marley the Bognor Villan said:

Love the way that we "believe" that our offer has been accepted. You can imagine Dr. Tony asking for an update and then someone at the club going "yeah well, um, I mean, well I think our offer has been accepted but you know, they didn't say it was rejected so I guess that counts".

Hopefully the signing will happen but I think the journo needs to work on his bullshit.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Marley the Bognor Villan said:

I've lost count of the amount of times Lansbury to Villa announcements have appeared on Twitter, feels like it's been going on for weeks now doesn't it!

Hope we can get it tied up soon and follow that up with more. 

• Like 1

It looks like we've got a couple of targets for every position we are trying to strengthen. RB 2xCM and a forward are my guess. Lansbury looks like one. The others who knows but we seem to be looking at decent improvements. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

It looks like we've got a couple of targets for every position we are trying to strengthen. RB 2xCM and a forward are my guess. Lansbury looks like one. The others who knows but we seem to be looking at decent improvements. 

fingers very firmly crossed....we seem to have said that before.:mellow:

4 hours ago, TRO said:

They might as well cut the window down to 1 week, because they all play brinkman and wait until the last week any way.

Or Scrap it and go back to the old system.

I think they should scrap the window,  its just shit anyway. 

All they needed to do was to shut the transfer activity down a few weeks earlier than they used to. 

Would get much less brinkmanship if there were still months to go and not a narrow window. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Big Tone just said this;

Damn I'm slow.

Well we're all about self-esteem here on VillaTalk so have a like any way. Even though you came 3rd.

Edit: Just read the rest of the thread. Damn now even I'm too slow :-(

Edited by TheAuthority
Read the rest of thread
  • Like 1