January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

It's not as simple as that though, as seen with Lerner, it's what happens when the money runs out. 

Which is fine but we really haven't spent loads in this window considering the 16m we are getting for Gestede, Westwood and Ayew. Plus any other outgoings today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Disaster on twitter - villatransfers quitting tonight and pat Murphy refusing to tweet villa news anymore - whatever has the world come to ;)

Luckily there is a whole host of 'ITK's' on twitter nowadays

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, limvillian said:

Jacob Bedeau possibly.

You could be right, but I think that the young 17 year old (who wont feature in the first team, and talks of him going straight back on loan) wouldn't be considered in the good doctors formula. 

Plus VillaTransfers bloke on twitter also hinted at another signing yet.. so I think its someone else.

cant copy his tweets but he says "not finished" after including Bedeau and Hogans names

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

He's slagging off our Tony for tweeting info to us fans, something we all love. And also had a pop for referring to Villa as "his" club. Well technically it is, but actions speak louder than words and Dr T has done more to involve us all in our club than any owner in my lifetime. 

Collymore is a desperate attention seeker with nothing sensible to say. He sat a couple of seats behind me in the upper Holte, earlier this season, can't remember which game but it was under RDM AMD surprise surprise we drew. When we scored I glanced back at Collymore and saw the most fake, "look at me" celebration I've ever seen. It was pathetic and looked like he was an extra in some crap TV drama, directed by some lovey who would rather be at the opera, but thinks footie is jolly splendid for the poor people to watch. 

Knob!

Best post of the day in my opinion . 

• Like 3

TBH, on one level it does look a bit amateurish that we spend £50m in the summer under the same owner, then 5 months later are looking to offload half of them and sign another raft of "the best at this level" players. I would probably laugh at it too if it was Newcastle doing it.

I am just grateful that we have the money and management to do it. Makes such a novel change to the 5 years of sleepwalking into the footballing Abyss.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VillaCas said:

My wife has been giving me grief about constantly checking SSN, VT and NewsNow. I told her that she should be supportive of my passion. She said she did pay an interest and so I asked her to name the current Villa side. 

Her answer "Ashley Young, Guzman, Agbonlahor, Milner, not Benteke.......oh and is one called Barry Bennett!"

I have had the same grief......there must be a dedicated night school class for it.:)

ps my wife said you are obsessed.....I said I'm not, I just like the Name.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, Wezbid said:

Maybe he should take into account the fees we've received and how little we spent in regards to Lansbury, Bree, Hourihane and Thor. Collymoron.

he replied to that saying its not a preadsheet so convineantly ignoring half of wehats gone on to get a bit more self promotion with the nvilla name attached so when it goes south he can say he told us all so.

Just now, thunderball said:

TBH, on one level it does look a bit amateurish that we spend £50m in the summer under the same owner, then 5 months later are looking to offload half of them and sign another raft of "the best at this level" players. I would probably laugh at it too if it was Newcastle doing it.

I am just grateful that we have the money and management to do it. Makes such a novel change to the 5 years of sleepwalking into the footballing Abyss.

The big mistake Tony made was he chose the wrong manager - RDM wasted most of the cash and Tony quickly learnt from that mistake and booted the clown out.

• Like 2

Just now, Eastie said:

The big mistake Tony made was he chose the wrong manager - RDM wasted most of the cash and Tony quickly learnt from that mistake and booted the clown out.

Agree. I just hope that Steve Round was not in fact influencing those decisions from afar (despite not being on board until September), as this would make him look pretty silly so soon.

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

There was only one man that never made a mistake.....and they nailed him to the cross.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Disaster on twitter - villatransfers quitting tonight and pat Murphy refusing to tweet villa news anymore - whatever has the world come to ;)

*Agent Dave emerges from the burning ITK wreckage, his liquid metal body slowly reforming as he does so*

Cue the music... dun dun dun der dun

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Agree. I just hope that Steve Round was not in fact influencing those decisions from afar (despite not being on board until September), as this would make him look pretty silly so soon.

Hopefully not, and that he has made a big difference since coming in. I don't think he would have got involved until he was officially behind his desk otherwise he would have been more resistant to the wholesale changes now. Plus the first thing he did was sack Paddy Reilly, at whose feet the blame probably lies for last summer's "indifferent" transfer window.