January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

3 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

Just curious: between Hogan and Ulloa, which one do VTers prefer?

not taking into account the fees we need to pay, just the player themselves.

Hogan is probably the better wrestler

• Like 3

Still not sure about the Taylor deal.  I don't know much about him, but he doesn't seem to be much of an upgrade on Amavi.  I get that we need options with Cissoko gone, but can't see Taylor will come in to be second choice despite playing in a defence that ships goals for fun and dropping Amavi seems harsh.  Everything else in the window makes clear sense so I assume there is a reason for it.   

Hogan.  Younger, faster more motivation and chance to make money on if we sell.

Ulloa doing what he is doing sends out the wrong signals to me.  Age is against him.  Loan deal is ok though if Hogan does not come off.

6 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

Hogan, younger and much more upside & potential. Ulloa is just average.

2 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Still not sure about the Taylor deal.  I don't know much about him, but he doesn't seem to be much of an upgrade on Amavi.  I get that we need options with Cissoko gone, but can't see Taylor will come in to be second choice despite playing in a defence that ships goals for fun and dropping Amavi seems harsh.  Everything else in the window makes clear sense so I assume there is a reason for it.   

Taylor will push amavi hard for sure and it's good to have 2 able players in that position - amavi will know he has to up his recent game or be out - I'd expect amavi to be gone in the summer anyway in which  case we have an able replacement

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

I actually believe that if we had both of them in the squad along with Kodjia, it'd be the perfect blend of strike options...

One quick and nippy, plays on the shoulder, terrier type - Hogan
A decent target man who has strength, good hold up play but not bad on the deck - Ulloa
And one quality, all rounder - Kodjia

I'd then add Rushian Hepburn-Murphy as your forth option (new contract permitting) and get rid of Gabby/Ross.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Just seen we have Forest on Sat.  There'll be good odds on Ross scoring the winner against us.

Or Forest start a really unfit, out of form player, effectively starting a game with 10 men and we win easily ;) 

Continue to be pleased and excited by all the transfer activity. Amazed we have sold Westwood for a decent fee (has completed his medical according to SSN) and, if we get him, Hogan is quite an interesting and exciting addition. He has a good goalscoring record, is young and has time to develop, should be desperate to prove himself and have the necessary drive and ambition. If he's keen to come, we must have convinced him of our long term plans and maybe even talked up a promotion push this season, considering he has been linked with a PL move. I haven't seen much of him but I would suggest he may be the best option, so far, of the strikers that have been linked to us & a better option than Rhodes (who I would still welcome tbh). I mean, West Ham were interested in Hogan but not Rhodes right? No PL team seems interested in Rhodes but he would at least be effective in a decent Championship team...

On Hogan again, we've spent quite well and been fairly sensible in this window, so why not allow for one "big" signing?

Like others have mentioned, I find it hilarious that Bruce was claiming an influx of players was not what we needed and we'd only be looking at 1 or 2 additions! I'm so glad that hasn't been the case, this new team has got me really excited now, I want promotion!!!

Why does the AVFC twitter account feel that today is the best day to update with stupid tweets about random stuff no one cares about! I get excited by the prospect of a signing only to be told that we won 5-0 this day in 2004..... 

Trolling b*stards.... 

• Like 1