January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

3 minutes ago, Godders said:

A duo-signing plus?

What are you thinking here Deisler, that it could be a TRIPLE announcement?!!

Oh I meant duo-signing and duo-announcement. Don't think that 51% will happen this week, probably next week if we are lucky.

I am not sure if we need another striker (Rhodes - 51%),particularly if that may cost us another 7M+. My personal view though.

We'd better get RMc back and play him (if he wants that too ofc.)

I dunno @Deisler123. Rhodes for even £9mil is basically Gestede plus £2.5mill. That feels a shrewd bit of business to me.

Edit: In fact, thinking about it, if we structure it like £6.5 mill up front and £2.5 mill after say 10 goals, we've swapped Gestede for him and only pay a bit more if he scores goals. We'd only be paying money for him if he turns out to be better than Rudy!!

Edited by Godders

42 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

It is just a normal negotiation process.

1 week to go till the next match - Hourihane has been playing in the last few weeks so his fitness is good. definitely worth spending a few more days around the negotiation table to get the cost down a bit; It is just the contract clauses and fees that need to be confirmed. 

Highly unlikely the deal could go wrong. 1-2 more days, it will be done. And a duo-signing + announcement.

If Bree is announced today, I will be worried. - Dont think the OA will happen today for Bree. we will see.

Thanks Tony, keep up the good work x

Edited by Tubby
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Deisler123 said:

It is just a normal negotiation process.

1 week to go till the next match - Hourihane has been playing in the last few weeks so his fitness is good. definitely worth spending a few more days around the negotiation table to get the cost down a bit; It is just the contract clauses and fees that need to be confirmed

Highly unlikely the deal could go wrong. 1-2 more days, it will be done. And a duo-signing + announcement.

If Bree is announced today, I will be worried. - Dont think the OA will happen today for Bree. we will see.

Not if we lose the player because of it. Let's get this one over the line before someone else comes in for him. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, John said:

Not if we lose the player because of it. Let's get this one over the line before someone else comes in for him. 

If it's agent fees, we can't afford to be mugged off. 

I agree with the sentiment, but there's a line needs to be drawn somewhere. It's only been a few hours since the 'complication' reared it's head, so I'm sure it will be fine. This kind of stuff happens all the time. 

Hourihane is the one we have to get right. As much as I'm please we've signed a RB that was apparently on the radar of top PL clubs, if we lose out on Hourihane now it'll put a real downer on this window.

Still, if Tony says it's 95% done then we have to remain positive.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

Oh I meant duo-signing and duo-announcement. Don't think that 51% will happen this week, probably next week if we are lucky.

I am not sure if we need another striker (Rhodes - 51%),particularly if that may cost us another 7M+. My personal view though.

We'd better get RMc back and play him (if he wants that too ofc.)

How sure are you @Deisler123 that the 51% signing is Rhodes?  Just a hunch or something more? :detect:

I went into the window wanting a left winger. However, if we sign Hourihane to go alongside Lansbury then I think we can get by with what we have on the left. Green is showing promise out there and if need be then Grealish can play out there, or possibly Amavi if pushed forward. Basically we could ideally still do with a left winger but increasing the quality through the middle is much more important right now. Excited by the prospect of a cracking central midfield partnership. They both score goals, assist, have experience as a captain and offer more than we have had in the middle for years now. I'm actually excited for a change!

• Like 1