January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

4 minutes ago, tismyk said:

He was the best midfield player at VP earlier this season v Forest

He really wasn't that good. Yes he scored, but actually we dominated that game and shouldn't have drew. Their midfield didn't stand out.

• Like 3

Just now, Villan4Life said:

So was aid well for reading before we signed him. Never amounted to much here though. Plenty other examples sasa curcic too also Alan Thompson 

So were a lot of players who turned out ok,  Milner the best example.

Apparently Marseille have offered £17m for Amavi. 

Not £25m, but still a huge amount for him in my opinion. Hasn't looked a £17m player in the last couple of games.. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

He really wasn't that good. Yes he scored, but actually we dominated that game and shouldn't have drew. Their midfield didn't stand out.

A point I was going to make, I know this wont be popular but I thought all our midfielders played better under RDM in fact our general play was better

we just didn`t get the breaks under him as we have with Bruce.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Not £25m, but still a huge amount for him in my opinion. Hasn't looked a £17m player in the last couple of games.. 

He has never looked like a £17m player for us, that's a lot of money for a left back and under most circumstances we'd be silly to turn it down. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Thing is, now the Dr has gone on record saying we turned down a £25m bid, he's going to look a right pillock accepting anything less.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Makes you wonder if its player inflation and 17m is actually considered cheap? Ronaldos worth £300 million apparently. 

5 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Thing is, now the Dr has gone on record saying we turned down a £25m bid, he's going to look a right pillock accepting anything less.  

Maybe it was £25m with add ons, I dunno

25 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

One thing is for certain though, he is better than what we have now and would add a little devil to the side because the other week he set out to get Shelvey sent off and succeeded.

Exactly this and at £3m he is a bargain. Unlike Westwood and Gardner he will not just be a passenger in games. He to me looks like a player that we could do with right now and is entering his "peak" at 26. Would love to get Hourihane in also to play alongside Jedinak. With these 3 and hopefully Tshibola finding his feet our midfield would be much stronger.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

3m for lansbury not sure how anyone can complain at that price.  He has more football ability than gardwood. Be very happy with this deal

Whenever you use this, I'm seeing it as the would-be tabloid name if Sherwood and Garde ever got together.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Difference could be that Amavi might fancy a move to France over China and try and engineer a move (not saying he would )

Saying that , I'm still suspicious as to why a Chinese club would bid for Amavi who I doubt anyone outside of B6 and France could even name 

Got bought out last summer but I didn't think they'd spent much of it yet 

said before it's not the value of the player himself it's his value to us, how easy could we replace him? Not very IMO and do we need the money? Doesn't sound like it, so why bother?

sell him for £17m buy another LB for £10m and a £7m midfielder or the good doctor just puts his hand down the side of his sofa and finds the £7m to buy a midfielder, option B sounds better to me

edit: they hot bought out by an American who's pledged €200m over 4 years, net spend so far is -€60m euros! 

Edited by villa4europe