January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

55 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

He really wasn't that good. Yes he scored, but actually we dominated that game and shouldn't have drew. Their midfield didn't stand out.

I agree, he didn't stand out for me in that game.  I'm also wary of any midfielder that stands out at Nottingham Forest as our very own Gary Gardner looked good there, and he is one of the worst Villa midfielders I've seen.

Stand out midfielder we've played against this season for me was Will Hughes at Derby. He was excellent, even though Pearson had him playing deeper than usual. 

54 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Whenever you use this, I'm seeing it as the would-be tabloid name if Sherwood and Garde ever got together.

I see them as two equally shit players when played together so they may as well be one merged player!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Villastine said:

Because Bruce has lost faith in Gollini.

The club scouts and Bruce must think that Sam Johnstone is a better option than Bunn.

Well he is 6'3 and a bit and 23, so he has a chance of being close to what a modern goal keeper represents.....anymore i don't know.

at 6'0 you need to be an exceptional one....Bunn Is 6'0.....some wingers are bigger than that.

Gollini is 21 and 6'2" and hesitant....not crucifying the boy......but lets see what Johnstone is like.

He might give Gollini a chance to come out of the firing line.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Celtic have had a £3m offer for a young Ivorian midfielder playing in Russia accepted. Given their generally good record at spotting talent would it make sense for Villa to hijack the bid? It is not as if this club has any proper scouting network in place.

Last hi-jack of any transfer deal i can remember us doing was Hassan Kachloul, that worked out well.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Celtic have had a £3m offer for a young Ivorian midfielder playing in Russia accepted. Given their generally good record at spotting talent would it make sense for Villa to hijack the bid? It is not as if this club has any proper scouting network in place.

Not a bad idea, considering how diabolically bad our scouting has been over the last few years. We could scout the scouts and become transfer market pirates.

HaHarrrr.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

She'd still be an improvement on our midfield to be fair.

article-2545132-098AE863000005DC-873_310

Hopefully she can solve the mystery of our disappearing midfield. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Hopefully she can solve the mystery of our disappearing midfield. 

I was just going to say this exact same thing. 

I'll add; 

Well she's always in the right place at the right time and she might find a killer pass.

• Like 1