Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

To get the 2 points per game target we need, Bruce needs to win the next 5 in a row. 4 of those are at home. Can we be less rubbish on Sat? Well I suppose it's possible, but I'm not holding my breath. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I was laughing at the response. Not mocking, I found it funny how your posts seem to dramatically chance. 

Just hours ago you said. 

"FWIW I'm also Bruce Out, regrettably."

Yet now you're arguing with people who want him out and arguing for stability and that fans with high expectations are the problem. 

So which is it? 

Because at the moment it just looks like you enjoy an argument and the chance to have a go at someone rather than sticking with a belief that you have

Dunno

Edit - Ok matey I'll stop winding you up, as much fun as it is I think it's possibly getting off topic and I dread it when that warning email drops into the old inbox.

Edited by Jareth
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Dunno

Edit - Ok matey I'll stop winding you up, as much fun as it is I think it's possibly getting off topic and I dread it when that warning email drops into the old inbox.

Don't worry, changing opinions to just argue on here doesn't wind me up. Hence laughing at most of your posts. 

It didn't seem off topic, it's all about Steve Bruce. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Don't worry, changing opinions to just argue on here doesn't wind me up. Hence laughing at most of your posts. 

It didn't seem off topic, it's all about Steve Bruce. 

Mate, I don't mind, I'm too old to mind. What you are describing young fella, is a 'dilemma' - yer know in life something can have no good outcomes and you have to decide which outcome you mind least. Bruce staying and stability, or Bruce going and potentially back to square one, again. Bruce continues this form and it has to be Bruce out, it makes sense. But one can still long for him to turn it around as that would mean the club you love recovering from a 6 year hell. 

• Like 2

I saw Steve Bruce in the local ASDA the other day shopping for some plastic cutlery and pair of chop sticks, a cheap knock off Yankee candle and a packet of pork chops.  I asked him what he thought of the candles and if he thinks they smell as good as Yankee ones.  He said he enjoys Yankee candles more than the cheaper ones, but they'd ran out of his favourite fragrance, which happens to be "lavender meadow" - which to be honest took me by surprise because I think he looks like a "Berry burst" kinda bloke. 

I asked him about the plastic cutlery and he said that he only has enough knives and forks for 2 people in his house, but he was expecting company, so he was going to make fish fingers, chips and beans and a portion of pork stir fry - hence the pork chops. 

Rather interesting I'm sure you'll agree. 

• Like 3

I keep seeing the word "STABILITY" being used and I wonder if we've lost sight of what the word actually means?

The definition in the Cambridge dictionary is, "a situation in which something is not likely to move or change".

A period of stability would be fine if we were in a comfortable position and results were going reasonably well for us. 

Unfortunately that's not the case as our last forty matches under Bruce have clearly demonstrated.

We need to change a number of things which have led to our current rock bottom status.

Coaching, management and apparently CEO leadership are failing miserably at AVFC and require drastic surgery.

When Villa have dealt successfully with the problems that are currently pinning us to the floor of the Championship, then will be the time for a period of stability.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Mate, I don't mind, I'm too old to mind. What you are describing young fella, is a 'dilemma' - yer know in life something can have no good outcomes and you have to decide which outcome you mind least. Bruce staying and stability, or Bruce going and potentially back to square one, again. Bruce continues this form and it has to be Bruce out, it makes sense. But one can still long for him to turn it around as that would mean the club you love recovering from a 6 year hell. 

And if you'd put it like that I'd have completely agreed. Well maybe without the condescending intro. 

13 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I saw Steve Bruce in the local ASDA the other day shopping for some plastic cutlery and pair of chop sticks, a cheap knock off Yankee candle and a packet of pork chops.  I asked him what he thought of the candles and if he thinks they smell as good as Yankee ones.  He said he enjoys Yankee candles more than the cheaper ones, but they'd ran out of his favourite fragrance, which happens to be "lavender meadow" - which to be honest took me by surprise because I think he looks like a "Berry burst" kinda bloke. 

I asked him about the plastic cutlery and he said that he only has enough knives and forks for 2 people in his house, but he was expecting company, so he was going to make fish fingers, chips and beans and a portion of pork stir fry - hence the pork chops. 

Go and have a little lie down...

15 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

confused.png

I've just watched that Press Conference and feel almost sick with anger at that man.

What a nerve. What a # nerve.

I wish I could get his ear for 5 minutes.

Apparently talk of wanting him out is "ridiculous nonsense".

You don't respect the fans then Bruce. You can't/ don't construct ANYTHING remotely resembling a case as to WHY you think it's ridiculous, or what you are doing about things. You simply say it's ridiculous nonsense.

And your argument is it's 3 games.

No, it isn't, it's 4....we scraped past Colchester too. Oh. And it's the 35 or whatever before. And the countless players in and out leading us bnowjhere.

And it's that in those '3' games you refer to we managed one decent HALF - and it was decent, not match winning, not great, and not anything remotely resembling the product of nearly a years 'coaching'.

Cardiff was embarrassing. Reading was humiliating. For Gods sake we barely touched the ball at all for half an hour !!!!

And I've heard NOTHING about your plans to improve things. But I've heard excuse after excuse.

I wish he'd walked up to me second half at Reading and told me to my face that my ( and others) anger, frustration, and despair was 'ridiculous nonsense'.

I don't care if we win the next 6 ( which should be the goal to get us up to 2 points a game after 9 games) he won't so much as a clap from me.

Oh, and "we could've been sitting here with a Win, a Draw, and a defeat " - that would STILL be inadequate you patronising so and so.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I've just watched that Press Conference and feel almost sick with anger at that man.

What a nerve. What a # nerve.

I wish I could get his ear for 5 minutes.

Apparently talk of wanting him out is "ridiculous nonsense".

You don't respect the fans then Bruce. You can't/ don't construct ANYTHING remotely resembling a case as to WHY you think it's ridiculous, or what you are doing about things. You simply say it's ridiculous nonsense.

And your argument is it's 3 games.

No, it isn't, it's 4....we scraped past Colchester too. Oh. And it's the 35 or whatever before. And the countless players in and out leading us bnowjhere.

And it's that in those '3' games you refer to we managed one decent HALF - and it was decent, not match winning, not great, and not anything remotely resembling the product of nearly a years 'coaching'.

Cardiff was embarrassing. Reading was humiliating. For Gods sake we barely touched the ball at all for half an hour !!!!

And I've heard NOTHING about your plans to improve things. But I've heard excuse after excuse.

I wish he'd walked up to me second half at Reading and told me to my face that my ( and others) anger, frustration, and despair was 'ridiculous nonsense'.

I don't care if we win the next 6 ( which should be the goal to get us up to 2 points a game after 9 games) he won't so much as a clap from me.

Oh, and "we could've been sitting here with a Win, a Draw, and a defeat " - that would STILL be inadequate you patronising so and so.

Yep just seen it - deluded clown springs to mind !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

Sorry mate but I think you wont find many in agreement with you on here

Oh I know....a lot more agree in the 'real world' though.

I think its been a very poor start, and we've played some pretty turgid stuff. I expected a lot of draws in the first 10 games tbh. I've got some serious doubts about him now, but I ain't going to start squealing for him to go, certainly not after 3 games

Just now, RimmyJimmer said:

I think its been a very poor start, and we've played some pretty turgid stuff. I expected a lot of draws in the first 10 games tbh. I've got some serious doubts about him now, but I ain't going to start squealing for him to go, certainly not after 3 games

Which real world.? Every person I heard at Reading wanted him gone. Every Villa fan I know personally wants him gone. The guys around me in the Holte want him gone ?

Im happy to agree there are people who also don't feel that way - but "many more in the real world ?" We'll see tomorrow.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Squealing?

You are as bad as him.

The man isn't an idiot. Yet his comments these last few weeks seem determined to get the fans turned against him. It makes no sense at all for a manager with his experience to respond the way he has. 

Mind blowing

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Didn't the away fans sing "you're getting sacked in the morning" to him?

Â