Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

10 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

If we win tonight how many of you will then decide Bruce should be given time?

First 7/8 games of the season he gets for me. Then we see. If there is no sign of wins, or playing actual football then we probably going to go through the same (what seems like a never ending cycle) process of looking for a new manager, hiring someone with mixed reception, and then we kinda of know how it's gone for the last few years. It's genuinely tiring as a supporter.

i am desperate for Bruce to start getting results and pulling us up the table and mounting a challenge but it's so hard to see happening. Then I think look at his track record of having teams promoted from this league. He's got a crack at it, a big club. That's us, we are his crack at a big club. He will know more than anyone that thisis his chance.

He's dropped Gabby and Hutton for tonight's game. I firmly believe he is aware of some of the things said about our players on internet message boards.

Edited by Killeen30

11 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

It would solely depend on the manner of the win in my view, if it were to come.

Haven't we had these false dawns before though?

We scraped 6 or 7 wins back to back last season.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

As @trekka and @JAMAICAN-VILLAN have said, it's the nature of the win. 

If we win the next three games with scrappy 1-0's and defensive football, all he is doing is prolonging the inevitable. He'd still be one performance like Cardiff away from the sack IMO. 

I know this sounds wafty and massively open to interpretation, but we need to win in a certain way. Fans need to be leaving the ground saying "blimey we deserved that today, could have had 5/6" not "how lucky were we to win 1-0, if they hadn't missed those two good chances..." 

If he could rack up 5 or 6 genuinely decent performances on the spin and get the results, we'll be in a much better place all round. 

I've been knocked sideways by his 2nd half decision making against Hull and the entire shitshow that was the Cardiff game, but I'd still love it if he pulled a miracle out of the bag and turned it around. I'm not holding my breath though. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

As @trekka and @JAMAICAN-VILLAN have said, it's the nature of the win. 

If we win the next three games with scrappy 1-0's and defensive football, all he is doing is prolonging the inevitable. He'd still be one performance like Cardiff away from the sack IMO. 

I know this sounds wafty and massively open to interpretation, but we need to win in a certain way. Fans need to be leaving the ground saying "blimey we deserved that today, could have had 5/6" not "how lucky were we to win 1-0, if they hadn't missed those two good chances..." 

If he could rack up 5 or 6 genuinely decent performances on the spin and get the results, we'll be in a much better place all round. 

I've been knocked sideways by his 2nd half decision making against Hull and the entire shitshow that was the Cardiff game, but I'd still love it if he pulled a miracle out of the bag and turned it around. I'm not holding my breath though. 

I agree with this.  Last season we showed glimpses of what we could be like - ruthless on the ball and showing the league who we are.  Then there were the awful times we struggled to keep up play in any shape or form, nicking a win here, a point there.  We've come into this season as favourites (or so some have said) and to find ourselves looking like we haven't yet "got it" or - even worse - gone backwards with embarrassing displays is something which worries me a great deal.  Bruce needs to show now why we've got him as manager, why he was given money to spend and why teams should fear us.  At the moment, we've got neither of those things and it needs to be rectified (and fast). 

Edited by trekka

24 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Overall I agree with your point but I worry that this amount of games under Bruce would be enough to eradicate our promotion hopes

We all worry man.

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

He's not - we just would like to see him gain minutes for the first team ?

And he will. Just because he's not involved tonight doesn't suddenly mean he's out forever.

I have never seen a manager with such relative riches serve up such absolute tripe. It actually makes me question his sanity to be honest.

How anyone can take this team, these players, and serve up this is actually impressive in a way. How you can get players with this experience or talent and make them go out and go against all of their ability and just hoof the ball is an art in itself.

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I have never seen a manager with such relative riches serve up such absolute tripe. It actually makes me question his sanity to be honest.

How anyone can take this team, these players, and serve up this is actually impressive in a way. How you can get players with this experience or talent and make them go out and go against all of their ability and just hoof the ball is an art in itself.

He did the same at Sunderland he spent so much money on crap which was hidden by Darren Bent's goals. Replace Bent with Kodjia and its not too dissimilar 

Â