Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I know stats in football are a load of shite generally, but the first half stats here make it look like we are a tinpot Spanish village team trying to keep out Barcelona.  How we could have planned for this kind of tactic over the pre-season I have no idea.  It would be nice if Bruce just stood down (barring something miraculous happening in the 2nd half).

59 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

And he will. Just because he's not involved tonight doesn't suddenly mean he's out forever.

Kinda think that a man staring down the barrel might need all the help he can muster?

Just now, Dave J said:

You don't think he's staring down the barrel then ?

I do. But I have no idea what that has to do with what we were talking about, hence my confusion.

Well that's the trouble with these situations we keep finding ourselves in. If he wins the next 2 or 3, then he'll be staying.. But that's not necessarily the right decision... I think it needs to be taken in the whole.. So over the last 20 games have we seen our side improve overall, are we playing better and seem to have a plan? I think we all know the answer is no. 

If he wins the next 2 in convincing style ,then maybe he deserves more time .but if it's 2 scraped wins in games we have played pretty crap in, then there is no overall improvement. 

Unfortunately it'll be the latter.. 

When can you last remember us playing really well for 2 or 3 games on the trot? 

I think most people on this board can tell when we see real progress in the side, and they will forgive a few losses if overall things are going in the right direction. 

It's just at the moment they aren't .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yeah considering reputation, budget and his target. easily the worst manager we have ever had

should have been sacked at half time

It's pretty moot but RDM was just as bad. It's just a case of when not if for Bruce. Let's hope Dr X is trigger happy. 

Â