Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, villarocker said:

What the hell is Bruce talking about when he says "maybe we're not ready to play strikers again"? What exactly does that mean? :unsure:

As someone said earlier in the thread I think it's a misquote from when he said "not ready to play with 2 strikers"

Either way, utter malarkey 

4 minutes ago, villarocker said:

What the hell is Bruce talking about when he says "maybe we're not ready to play strikers again"? What exactly does that mean? :unsure:

I expect an ultra defensive display tonight with his aim to avoid losing rather than go for a win - negative manager and his mask has slipped .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

In all my 47 years of watching us I've never once wanted us to lose - although Blackburn last year was funny.

IF it is the difference between him staying and going I will - with no joy - want it tonight.

I can understand your frustration Terry but I can't be having any of this wanting the side to lose. Regardless of what I think of any manager for as long as they remain in the job I want them to win games.

Bruce isn't past the point of no return. He can't be. The club deemed he was the right man to take us into this season and one defeat and dire performance later that won't have flipped 180 degrees. He clearly needs to get a couple of results out of the next 3 league games before the break though. I have strong doubts that he will but I will be hoping he does.

I can't see the benefit of us failing to win the next 2 or 3 games just to get the manager the sack, put us well behind the promotion places and with no idea of who would replace the manager.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I just wish we all could have a bit more patience. We can't keep hounding out manager after manager. We are becoming a bigger joke than Newcastle. There is far less patience in football now I understand. Let's hope the 4K travelling support get behind Bruce and the starting 11.

Sorry mate, but using a team we used to be at the very least on a level footing with, who secured one of the best managers, and got promoted last season whilst we finished 13th, is a terrible example.

EDIT: In addition to having one of our academy players at the heart of their team whilst doing so.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

10 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I can understand your frustration Terry but I can't be having any of this wanting the side to lose. Regardless of what I think of any manager for as long as they remain in the job I want them to win games.

Bruce isn't past the point of no return. He can't be. The club deemed he was the right man to take us into this season and one defeat and dire performance later that won't have flipped 180 degrees. He clearly needs to get a couple of results out of the next 3 league games before the break though. I have strong doubts that he will but I will be hoping he does.

I can't see the benefit of us failing to win the next 2 or 3 games just to get the manager the sack, put us well behind the promotion places and with no idea of who would replace the manager.

It is everything, He can't seem to organise players he has spanked millions on, he is downbeat in his interviews, he is blaming everyone but himself.

He was supposed to be the right man and as much as I didn't like his appointment I felt at least he would get us promotion.

It is not a case of writing him off after 2 games and 2 shit results,  he has hung himself and I do not see how he can turn this around.

This place will be in meltdown tonight WHEN we **** up again!.. who will he come out and blame after this one, the ref? The staff serving food at half time?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sorry mate, but using a team we used to be on the very least be at a level footing with, who secured one of the best managers, and got promoted last season whilst we finished 13th, is a terrible example.

EDIT: In addition to having one of our academy players at the heart of their team whilst doing so.

I worded that wrong. I'm not saying Newcastle are a joke because in my eyes they ain't. The old Newcastle used to be though and it was a circus. We are a circus now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I worded that wrong. I'm not saying Newcastle are a joke because in my eyes they ain't. The old Newcastle used to be though and it was a circus. We are a circus now.

Let's go for the  'Jugular' and stop the circus.

Time for a proper showman to get the rest of these clowns under control!

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It is everything, He can't seem to organise players he has spanked millions on, he is downbeat in his interviews, he is blaming everyone but himself.

He was supposed to be the right man and as much as I didn't like his appointment I felt at least he would get us promotion.

It is not a case of writing him off after 2 games and 2 shit results,  he has hung himself and I do not see how he can turn this around.

This place will be in meltdown tonight WHEN we **** up again!.. who will he come out and blame after this one, the ref? The staff serving food at half time?

I understand all of that and agree with much of it but wanting us to lose until he gets the sack. Not for me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Should our fanbase drop our expectation levels? 

Nope. 

The club needs to meet them.

Currently that expectation is promotion, which is a perfectly fair demand in my eyes. 

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I understand all of that and agree with much of it but wanting us to lose until he gets the sack. Not for me.

Fair enough. 

I explained why and that's how I feel.

IF a defeat is the difference between him staying and going that's what I want.

I am convinced - in truth I've been convinced in some ways for a long time but desperately hoped to be wrong - that he hadn't got the first idea what he's doing.

On that basis my calculation is a we are more likely to get promoted the sooner he goes.

As such , whatever gets him gone sooner , I'll take it. A win would actually set us back further.

• Like 1

Â