Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

35 minutes ago, hippo said:

Its a tall order to come in once the season has started and win promotion. So I hope Bruce turns it around and we fire our way to promotion. But equally I  don't think its very likely. 

Not to defend Bruce - but I have a horrible feeling  that something isn't quite right at Aston Villa behind the scenes. Sure lose the next two and bruce falls on his sword - but I can't help feeling that won't solve much.

Of course I agree the best thing would be Bruce sorting it....as you say whenever he goes it'll be a tall order for anyone else.

Thats why since I am certain he won't do it the sooner goes the better.

I can see why some dont want him gone, no problem.

But anybody who has been saying he MUST go must logically want a defeat - he won't get sacked off the back of wins even if they are poor performances.

Edited by terrytini

6 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Of course I agree the best thing would be Bruce sorting it....as you say whenever he goes it'll be a tall order for anyone else.

Thats why since I am certain he won't do it the sooner goes the better.

I can see why some dont want him gone, no problem.

But anybody who has been saying he MUST go must logically want a defeat - he won't get sacked off the back of wins even if they are poor performances.

With the squad we have I don't think its a tall order at all. 

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Even though I want him gone ASAP, I still want to win tonight. We need every point we can get towards promotion.

What's your thinking then ?

We Win and they still sack him ?

Not going to happen is it ?

If you want him gone ASAP you can't want a win !!

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

With the squad we have I don't think its a tall order at all. 

Depends what position we are in when he goes Surely ?

If he gets sacked at the same stage as RDM with the same points it'll be difficult.

29 minutes ago, terrytini said:

What's your thinking then ?

We Win and they still sack him ?

Not going to happen is it ?

If you want him gone ASAP you can't want a win !!

To be fair if they are looking long term it is is entirely possible for him to win and get sacked. Wouldnt be the first or last time it's happened .

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair if they are looking long term it is is entirely possible for him to win and get sacked. Wouldnt be the first or last time it's happened .

Yes plenty of managers have been sacked after winning matches.

He will be judged based on the past 10 months which on the whole have been dire.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Depends what position we are in when he goes Surely ?

If he gets sacked at the same stage as RDM with the same points it'll be difficult.

Being as he has already had most of last of last season as well to turn things around he shouldn't be afforded the same amount of games as RDM this season. 

• Like 2

Reading Bruce's pre match nonsense :

“I will maybe look at different personnel or a different formation again. Maybe we’re not ready to play strikers again. I will look at all of those things.'

WTF does that mean? Is he saying we are so bad we are actually going to be so defensive as to play with no strikers at all? How the he'll are we going to score goals with this attitude? 

1 minute ago, richp999 said:

“I will maybe look at different personnel or a different formation again. Maybe we’re not ready to play strikers again. I will look at all of those things.'

WTF does that mean? Is he saying we are so bad we are actually going to be so defensive as to play with no strikers at all? How the he'll are we going to score goals with this attitude? 

4 hours ago, rubberman said:

Isn't this likely to be a misprint on the OS - taken from the quote about not being ready to play 2 strikers?

1 minute ago, richp999 said:

Predicted it. Shut up shop. Drop deep. Everyone behind the ball. Nobody move. Nobody press. Nobody gamble. Nobody go beyond their man. Hopefully Kodjia scores a goal. Oh..

12 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Yes plenty of managers have been sacked after winning matches.

He will be judged based on the past 10 months which on the whole have been dire.

I hope you are right - obviously I'd rather we won and he was sacked anyway.

I just can't see it myself.

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Oh come on.

There's plenty to be angry at Bruce about. Plenty.

But players as young as O'Hare are still developing. Playing reserve games is part of that. 

He played in the last two games, and he'll play in plenty of games going forward if he keeps his performance levels up.

Bruce shouldn't be slated for letting a young player play football.

He's not - we just would like to see him gain minutes for the first team ?

5 hours ago, terrytini said:

Gives me no pleasure at all. In fact I'm angry and miserable about it, but it'll be a price worth paying.

I'm still angry

have been since January

OT - may I take this chance to apologise to anyone who felt my anger was aimed at them personally.

However, I'm still sooooo angry

I play Golf tomorrow and I'm sure I will hit that poor white little ball to smithereens. Maybe my anger will cool a bit after

Â