Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Oh come on.

There's plenty to be angry at Bruce about. Plenty.

But players as young as O'Hare are still developing. Playing reserve games is part of that. 

He played in the last two games, and he'll play in plenty of games going forward if he keeps his performance levels up.

Bruce shouldn't be slated for letting a young player play football.

He should be slated for NOT letting them play in the senior team when they have recently showed that they are quite ready

Unfortunately SB is in a win win situation. 

Win - keeps job

draw - keeps job/sacked with a payoff

Lose - sack with a payoff

We are on a lose lose situation

Win - he stays

draw - he stays

loses - he goes -> what now?

is a plan B in place?

There is no question we need a huge personality to take this job. Egos like Terry and Gabby wont be easy to manage. But Bruce himself has not stamped his authority like he said he would. He has improved the home form and got us winning but we have absolutely no identity. I mean Like Trent said earlier about MON we knew his style and what we were going to get with his counter attacking play.

With Bruce we have boring football which involves nicking a goal and then frustrate the opposition with no plan B when it goes wrong. how many games under him did we come back from a goal down to go win? Only Reading i believe? 

He is tactically poor. I mean what he has been doing with Hogan for example is nothing short of embarrassing 

Draw tonight and he's gone imo.

It would feel like a defeat and i can imagine Dr Xia is already losing patience with him. 2 points from a possible 9 for a side supposedly chasing promotion is not good enough is it.

Edited by AshVilla

I've just read Bruce's pre match comments on the official site.

"I will maybe look at different personnel or a different formation again. Maybe we're not ready to play strikers again. I will look at all those things."

Bruce has been the Villa manager for ten months and by his own admission he still doesn't have a clue about what to do next. He has to go now before he does any further damage, and if it takes another loss to get rid of him then so be it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

"I will maybe look at different personnel or a different formation again. Maybe we're not ready to play strikers again. I will look at all those things."

Bruce has been the Villa manager for ten months and by his own admission he still doesn't have a clue about what to do next. He has to go now before he does any further damage, and if it takes another loss to get rid of him then so be it.

What does he mean by those words. Is he saying that he is not going to pick a striker tonight? Or just Gabby on his own. I fear he is going to go ultra defensive

Edited by PaulC

19 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Its not the strikers you fool Bruce, it your shit negative tactics! Let them play an attacking game and you will see an improvement.

Oh and here is an idea stop playing hoofball to Hogan. Also maybe just maybe you might get a better defensively display if you did not play Alan Hutton. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

What the cockin' hell is that supposed to mean?

How in the name of sweet jesus can a football team not be ready to play strikers? For christ sake the bloke is a total moron! 

Is he gonna play 4 at the back and 6 in midfield?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

How in the name of sweet jesus can a football team not be ready to play strikers? For christ sake the bloke is a total moron! 

Nine at the back, hoofball to Samba.

6 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

U know, Like Spain played under Del Bosque. Worked great for them.

Somehow I feel it work as well for us...

53 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

He should be slated for NOT letting them play in the senior team when they have recently showed that they are quite ready

But he does let them play.

He's giving plenty of youth a chance.

23 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I genuinely had to check on the official site to check this wasn't a wind up (sorry VB).

He doesn't have a clue does he!  Even if his approach was to just try and randomly change things to see if they work - don't admit that you fool!  And what the heck does "Maybe we're not ready to play strikers again" even mean?  

I was totally willing to give him time before the season started but his rap sheet in the last few weeks has been unforgivable: Poor results, same poor standard of football, already making excuses to the press, now these sad ramblings. :rant:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But he does let them play.

He's giving plenty of youth a chance.

He did in the cup game where O'Hare, Green and Bree all got almost full games. And Davies & Hepburn-Murphy got 20-25 min.

In the league he's so far given Green 20 min and O'Hare 30. That's it.

Guess the issue is that a lot of us wanted O'Hare to start today, but as he played yesterday he probably won't. Then again he might as we are supposedly going to play without strikers.

Just now, sne said:

He did in the cup game where O'Hare, Green and Bree all got almost full games. And Davies & Hepburn-Murphy got 20-25 min.

In the league he's so far given Green 20 min and O'Hare 30. That's it.

Guess the issue is that a lot of us wanted O'Hare to start today, but as he played yesterday he probably won't. Then again he might as we are supposedly going to play without strikers.

We're only two games in.

Previously he's given plenty of game time to Green, he's given game time to RHM, he's given a debut to Davies and O'Hare and he's signed Bree.

He probably could do more, you can always do more.

But I feel like there is a myth that he never plays young players and it's just not true.

There's plenty to criticise him about, I just don't think this is one of them.

• Like 1

Â