Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Ha. 

Not the vibe I was trying to express at all. I don't even mind* if we lose the first game, but I don't think 6 or 7 points from the first 5 or 6 games will be enough to quell people's fears, nor should it. 

*I say I don't mind, I will likely have a good cry-wank to alleviate the pain. Possibly on the train home. 

You need around 2 points per game to get top two in this league so anything less than 12 points from the first 6 games will have me fearing the worst. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villarocker said:

You need around 2 points per game to get top two in this league so anything less than 12 points from the first 6 games will have me fearing the worst. 

Well it doesn't really work like that, even we managed to win 8 from 9 last season so you can even it up. But I feel like if we don't get off to a good start that fragility will creep back in again. 

I mean it shouldn't, but it does. Certainly with the fans. Before you know it we're back to grinding it out again and any mentality advantage is lost. John Terry should help there?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Back to London. Quite a way to travel to watch me toss one off.

Maybe you could get off at Cov

I will be doing that for sure.

And a little further down the line. 

completely useless fact but if you table up the point in time Bruce took over last year till the end of the season, we finished 10th 7 points away from playoffs. The numbers before the team name is the table position after round 11 

3. Newcastle United - 22 (GD +12) 72
4. Brighton and Hove Albion - 21 (GD +7) 72
8. Reading - 18 (GD -3) 67
14. Fulham - 14 (GD -3) 66
9. Sheffield Wednesday - 17 (GD -1) 64
11. Leeds United - 16 (GD -1) 59
20. Derby County - 10 (GD -4) 57
1. Huddersfield Town - 25 points (Goal Difference +6)
23. Cardiff City - 8 (GD -11) 54
19. Aston Villa - 10 (GD -2) 52
17. Preston North End - 13 (GD -2) 49
2. Norwich City - 23 (GD +6) 47
7. Brentford - 18 (GD +9) 46
12. Wolverhampton Wanderers - 15 (GD +1) 43
22. Blackburn Rovers - 8 (GD -8) 43
10. Barnsley - 16 (GD +5) 42
16. Ipswich Town - 13 (GD -1) 42
15. Burton Albion - 13 (GD 0) 39
18. Nottingham Forest - 12 (GD -3) 39
13. Queens Park Rangers - 15 (GD -3) 38
5. Bristol City - 20 (GD +7) 35
6. Birmingham City - 20 (GD +5) 33
21. Wigan Athletic - 9 (GD -2) 33
24. Rotherham United - 6 (GD -1 17
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Shows what a good job Warnock did at Cardiff that. And to be fair McClaren and Bruce too. Huddersfield's position on that table shows the importance of a good start.

Also how well Fulham did.  Is it fair to see these teams were a lot more settled and adapted to the league then us?

16 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Shows what a good job Warnock did at Cardiff that. And to be fair McClaren and Bruce too. Huddersfield's position on that table shows the importance of a good start.

Its interesting......Warnock has done a good job where ever he has been,generally.

He is a man for all seasons, just like our bloke is too.

it would be interesting to see these type of guys function with the super funds that the top managers in the Premier league enjoy.

I am not trying to make any particular point, but If conte, guardiola, wenger or Klopp was in the championship, would they pull up trees.

I think Steve Bruce is a good manager and i think he will prove it this season.

Time will tell.

I am hoping so and it looked promising with the signing of JT at start of Window...what has followed him has not been that exciting.

It is vastly becoming Steve Bruces team but I would have liked to have seen one or 2 names so to speak but understandbly the deadwood needs shifted in order to balance the old FFP scales..

9 hours ago, TRO said:

Its interesting......Warnock has done a good job where ever he has been,generally.

He is a man for all seasons, just like our bloke is too.

it would be interesting to see these type of guys function with the super funds that the top managers in the Premier league enjoy.

I am not trying to make any particular point, but If conte, guardiola, wenger or Klopp was in the championship, would they pull up trees.

I think Steve Bruce is a good manager and i think he will prove it this season.

Theres a reason why they are at the top teams,  as they already proven that they can hence theyve got the top jobs. 

Conte was at Bari and had a win percentage of around 50% and again at Siena with a 50% win ratio before earning the job at Juventus.

Wenger too had a win ratio of 50% at Monaco in his early days. Klopp did a very good job at Mainz before landing the Dortmund job. 

I'm sure if Bruce had a win ratio like that at Blues or Wigan he too would have got his shot at a massive club. The cream always rises to the top.

I'm not even going to mention Bruce's playing style compared to the 4 you have picked there :P

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Baker gone and Elphick and Richards as back up. Cant be the only one worried that Alex Bruce will turn up to bolster our back line :lol:

Well I'm certainly worried about the quality of the back up, although you've forgotten the seemingly rejuvenated Samba. As for Alex Bruce, I'm not so sure his Dad would be daft enough to give his critics such a huge stick to beat him with should his son show up in a Villa shirt. Would he......?

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

Theres a reason why they are at the top teams,  as they already proven that they can hence theyve got the top jobs. 

Conte was at Bari and had a win percentage of around 50% and again at Siena with a 50% win ratio before earning the job at Juventus.

Wenger too had a win ratio of 50% at Monaco in his early days. Klopp did a very good job at Mainz before landing the Dortmund job. 

I'm sure if Bruce had a win ratio like that at Blues or Wigan he too would have got his shot at a massive club. The cream always rises to the top.

I'm not even going to mention Bruce's playing style compared to the 4 you have picked there :P

What about Pep?

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

Also pretty sure Monaco isn't a small time job??

Â