Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

14 hours ago, sidcow said:

No no no. You have to understand this is a meaningless pre season friendly. That's the way it works. When we do badly in a pre season friendly it's really bad because we're supposed to be showing things are coming together, players are cohesive and we have a system. Bruce should probably be sacked.

When we do well in a pre season friendly it's meaningless and doesn't count for anything and Bruce should probably be sacked. 

It goes the other way too ;) 

I assume everyone who was shitting themselves after we lost 2-1 to Shrewsbury are now chuffed to bits, given our pre season record is actually pretty good?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I assume everyone who was shitting themselves after we lost 2-1 to Shrewsbury are now chuffed to bits, given our pre season record is actually pretty good?

We had a Bruce out meltdown after the Walsall game. I debated with fans that things will change quick when the season starts and results matter. 

It looks like didn't even have to wait that long.

Then again it could all change again after Saturday.

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We had a Bruce out meltdown after the Walsall game. I debated with fans that things will change quick when the season starts and results matter. 

It looks like didn't even have to wait that long.

Then again it could all change again after Saturday.

It's almost as if pre season games shouldn't be taken too seriously!

Who'd a thunk it?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Enjoy the temporary peace and rest for your eyes - there will be another essay of doom packed full of proof, before you know it...

• Like 1

Top post that @TRO

Lot's to agree with. There is more to him than people give him credit for imo. 

He's not without limitation, but with the players we have now, I think Bruce will trust them and we'll be more expansive. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Top post that @TRO

Lot's to agree with. There is more to him than people give him credit for imo. 

He's not without limitation, but with the players we have now, I think Bruce will trust them and we'll be more expansive. 

thanks

we will, sure of it.

I tell you what folks, got this crazy idea but how about we just see how we're doing 4 or 5 games in before we start hailing him as the messiah or the anti-christ?

I'm not saying we shouldn't therefore discuss opinions on the potential outcome but some of the posts over the past six months have been ridiculous, even for VT standards.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TRO said:

Ps I would also like to see more support for him resonate on match day to silence the opposition and to send out the message " all for one, one for all"...........show a united front.

I think he gets pretty good support from the crowd generally. I agree that starting the season with a raucous and supportive full Villa Park can only be a good thing. I'll be there and 100% behind him and the team. 

• Like 1

Have always thought as an absolute bare minimum that Bruce has to have a summer window before anyone decides on him as a manager. I mean, if he is denied that right, then where on earth do we stop? Offer one month rolling contracts? So with that in mind, I am glad to see the squad HE is building, and right now we can hand on heart with all honesty say that this really is the best squad in the league. I'm not even going to end this with a 'well he'd better get us promotion' conclusion - this squad and this manager will deliver promotion.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Have always thought as an absolute bare minimum that Bruce has to have a summer window before anyone decides on him as a manager. I mean, if he is denied that right, then where on earth do we stop? Offer one month rolling contracts? So with that in mind, I am glad to see the squad HE is building, and right now we can hand on heart with all honesty say that this really is the best squad in the league. I'm not even going to end this with a 'well he'd better get us promotion' conclusion - this squad and this manager will deliver promotion.

Yep. We're going up.

• Like 3

Shame that the game yesterday was called off, I would have hoped it to be the first time we see more of an opening day 'shape' and first XI taking hold. I guess we will have to wait until Saturday. 

I've stuck to my pledge in not taking pre-season games  too seriously, but I would like to see us go out against Watford with a renewed purpose as we saw in Germany. Generally though I am pleased with Bruce's conduct this summer, he has managed the squad well, got rid of or tried to get rid of the players that I myself would like to subtract and he has made some absolutely magnificent signings in Terry and Whelan, age be damned.

All bodes well but we MUST hit the ground running. By that I mean the first 5/6 games, not the first 15 minutes. If we haven't won 3 of them and put somebody to the sword fans will (rightly) be in revolt. I'm confident we will have, because if he can't get this squad buzzing his career should be terminated. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

If we haven't won 3 of them and put somebody to the sword fans will (rightly) be in revolt. I'm confident we will have, because if he can't get this squad buzzing his career should be terminated. 

I'm expecting at least 9 points from the first game or I expect Bruce to quit

Edited by CosmicVillan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

I'm expecting at least 9 points from the first game 

Ha. 

Not the vibe I was trying to express at all. I don't even mind* if we lose the first game, but I don't think 6 or 7 points from the first 5 or 6 games will be enough to quell people's fears, nor should it. 

*I say I don't mind, I will likely have a good cry-wank to alleviate the pain. Possibly on the train home. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

*I say I don't mind, I will likely have a good cry-wank to alleviate the pain. Possibly on the train home. 

I'll be in the 82 lounge drowning my sorrows..keeping an eye out for Steve Bruce

Edited by CosmicVillan

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Ha. 

Not the vibe I was trying to express at all. I don't even mind* if we lose the first game, but I don't think 6 or 7 points from the first 5 or 6 games will be enough to quell people's fears, nor should it. 

What train will you be on? 

I wont be at the game but can make time for voyeurism.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Shame that the game yesterday was called off, I would have hoped it to be the first time we see more of an opening day 'shape' and first XI taking hold. I guess we will have to wait until Saturday. 

I've stuck to my pledge in not taking pre-season games  too seriously, but I would like to see us go out against Watford with a renewed purpose as we saw in Germany. Generally though I am pleased with Bruce's conduct this summer, he has managed the squad well, got rid of or tried to get rid of the players that I myself would like to subtract and he has made some absolutely magnificent signings in Terry and Whelan, age be damned.

All bodes well but we MUST hit the ground running. By that I mean the first 5/6 games, not the first 15 minutes. If we haven't won 3 of them and put somebody to the sword fans will (rightly) be in revolt. I'm confident we will have, because if he can't get this squad buzzing his career should be terminated. 

Bang on that. 

Good start = Great season imo. 

If we get off to a dodgy start, things will turn quickly and it will do nobody any good. 

I'm confident we'll be ready. 

• Like 1

Â