Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

13 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

What a load of rubbish. He has shown that he gets results, you do know he has the highest win percentage of any recent manager.

We were in a shitstorm and he has turned us around. It was a massive job and he is just starting it. I've no doubt that he will get us promoted next season. I'm just happy to see our team win regularly.

He gets results, how come then we arent promoted or in the play offs. How much closer are we since he took over? I would be very surprised if he is still in charge come January, Id love to be proven wrong and him bring us up, I just have no confidence he will do so

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

He knows it needs improving in that area.....I trust his judgment to do what he feels necessary.

He signed Lansbury and Hourihane, how many others does he need to add, assuming he isn't going to drop Jedinak, one, two, three?............No doubt pre-season will sort it out.

I bet it doesn't as he hasn't a clue.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm not sure whether you want me to respond, since you both asked me a question and then said 'off with you'. 

I dont care if you respond, if you want to be a blind sheep fan and blindly follow what gets fed to you by the media and enjoy the manager merri go round, thats really none of my business

1 minute ago, astonaidan said:

I dont care if you respond, if you want to be a blind sheep fan and blindly follow what gets fed to you by the media and enjoy the manager merri go round, thats really none of my business

Thanks for your permission :thumb:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

You mean the same Norwich that we comfortably beat?

Yes the same team who beats us comfortably at their ground, and you point is?

Just to reiterate my point....We don't score enough goals to gain promotion.

3 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

what does McClaren getting jobs have to do with Bruce? Bruce has been 'proven' as a success in the Championship so not quite sure why you are making this comparison?

Because your saying theres a reason Bruce keeps getting jobs, my thinking is because hes a British manager, the same as McClaren, thats pretty clear. The same way Merson went on a rant when Hull went for a successful foreign manager instead of one of his buddys 

12 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

He hasn't a clue? We have conceded 2 goals in 9 games...

We have picked up 22 points out of a possible 27

Please tell me when the last time we achieved this?

Yes it's not pretty, but he has a squad of players that have never played together before until part way through a season. It's improving and with a pre season behind them they will be fine in this league. A couple more quality players and we will be more than fine.

Getting on the managers back after a draw is ridiculous.

How many have we scored ? Imo ,not enough . Your right the football isn't pretty, its bloody dire . How hard is it for a manager to instruct professional footballers to pass and move?  He talks a good fight, but nothing about him impresses me .

1 hour ago, astonaidan said:

Oh God your argument is paper thin. Kodjia has 80% of our goals. You can have crap and not get results like weve been doing most of the time under Bruce and when we are still stuck in the championship in 3 years time, you will still be saying the same nonsense.  Why do we have to be like RDM, why not dominate games and win, there is plenty of managers out there that have done it in the past.

Roy Keane and RDM both have promotions, doesnt make them good managers. No whats wrong is dodgy chancers like Bruce keep getting jobs because that what people like you are convinced they need. Why, because people like Paul Merson said so on sky

Thanks for the three year prediction, can you give me the next three years lottery numbers as well? 

Ok name me a better manager who has achieved as much as Bruce in this league should we get who is a better alternative? 

Edited by Demitri_C

2 hours ago, astonaidan said:

He gets results, how come then we arent promoted or in the play offs. How much closer are we since he took over? I would be very surprised if he is still in charge come January, Id love to be proven wrong and him bring us up, I just have no confidence he will do so

When he took over we had 10 points from 11 games at 0.9 points a game.

Since then we've taken 48 points from 30 games at 1.6 points per game. If we'd picked up points at that rate all season we'd currently be on 66 points (3 points off the playoffs) and over a full season we'd get 74 (there or thereabouts for playoffs most seasons).

Given what he inherited, could he improve on this with a full pre season and a few quality additions? I'd argue yes he could and I don't really see any argument for getting rid of him at this point. 

Its just a shame we had a terrible January and February as a few more points there in some very winnable games could have made all the difference 

• Like 4

Â