Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, astonaidan said:

I said look back you will find it, there now its on you to prove it, someone whos opinion flip flops on the bases of a few good results isnt a opinion I take serious tbh

There owner is terrible, similar nonsense spouted by Merson when Silva was appointed because he was foreign. Maybe he was looking at the clubs best interest moving on from Bruce, but sure that doesnt fit the agenda as Bruce the messiah does it

I don't think you understand how the burden of proof works, it's on the person making the claim.

And their owner being terrible is nothing like Merson being an idiot. Their owner is literally throwing a hissy fit because he couldn't change Hull's name. He said Hull's own supporters could go die because they didn't want the name changed, he sold their two best players this season whilst they were battling relegation, he waited until October to bother appointing a permanent for Bruce and he basically said he couldn't be arsed to support the club if he couldn't get his name change. He is verifiably terrible, and he didn't move Bruce on, Bruce resigned, and Allam certainly doesn't have Hull's best interests at heart.

Anyway, this is massively off topic and I can't be arsed to keep arguing with someone who keeps making things up about what I've said.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I don't think you understand how the burden of proof works, it's on the person making the claim.

And their owner being terrible is nothing like Merson being an idiot. Their owner is literally throwing a hissy fit because he couldn't change Hull's name. He said Hull's own supporters could go die because they didn't want the name changed, he sold their two best players this season whilst they were battling relegation, he waited until October to bother appointing a permanent for Bruce and he basically said he couldn't be arsed to support the club if he couldn't get his name change. He is verifiably terrible, and he didn't move Bruce on, Bruce resigned, and Allam certainly doesn't have Hull's best interests at heart.

Anyway, this is massively off topic and I can't be arsed to keep arguing with someone who keeps making things up about what I've said.

I understand it perfectly thanks

Bruce resigned because he couldnt go on spending spree ala what he did with Sunderland and in his previous season in the top flight with Hull

Sound buddy, off to denial land with you. Im sure you will be back in November wanting Bruce out 

37 minutes ago, Xela said:

he has 4 promotions from this league. He's the perfect manager for promotion. He is very much a results manager as opposed to a footballing manager but the priority is results and promotion,  

So where's our results he achieved that got/gets us our promotion?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, terrytini said:

BUT..

I think he has one weakness.

He says we must keep the ball better, and mustn't rely on Kodja.

True, and reassuring that he knows it.

He bought good midfielders to back that up. Good again.

My issue with him has been, and is, that he sets up/ selects in an overly cautious way that inevitably reduces our chances of addressing the very faults he highlights.

I could choose any one of a number of games, but take the last home game as a simple quick example. Bacuna and Amavi selected ahead of for example Green and Hourihane.

Which are more likely to address those concerns referred to ?

I know there could be fitness reasons but there's plenty other examples.

At present he always chooses caution over risk. Defence over attack. Contain over assault.

Understandable given Our near terminal decline and lack of resilience. Understandable given his history.

But mistaken IMO.  

These^ points are spot on

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

So where's our results he achieved that got/gets us our promotion?

They'll come next season. We have seen some of it in recent weeks when his January signings have been bedded in.  It was always going to be a tough ask this year after our start and some of the rubbish he inherited. 

Few more signings in the summer and all set for next year. No excuse for not getting us up next season. 

23 minutes ago, astonaidan said:

I understand it perfectly thanks

Bruce resigned because he couldnt go on spending spree ala what he did with Sunderland and in his previous season in the top flight with Hull

Sound buddy, off to denial land with you. Im sure you will be back in November wanting Bruce out 

You realise Bruce only spent what he made from sales in his last season at Sunderland, right? 

Bruce left Hull because it was coming up to August and he hadn't been given any money. By the time the season started, they still hadn't bought anyone. As for your love in with the do-gooder Hull owner. He showed massive ambition by bringing in Mike Phelan as manager, didn't he? That bloke with a great track record, no doubt he'll be there for years. Then selling off the clubs top scorer in January. All in the clubs best interests, of course. 

Or maybe, just maybe, he's tight and Bruce wasn't willing to put up with his nonsense. 

Time for you to wake up to the real World. 

Edited by kurtsimonw

53 minutes ago, astonaidan said:

Read back Im sure you will find it. So you arent even consistent with your view, a few lucky wins and now you think hes the man for the job. Christ

Christ. Darwin award winning post here. 

Opinions can change. I think Kodjia is the man to lead the line for us. If he doesn't score another goal by November, I'll rethink that opinion. Because you base your opinion on what you see and the facts at hand. You don't have an opinion and blindly follow it no matter what. :crylaugh:

2 hours ago, astonaidan said:

You see how weak your argument is, you have to spout a crack pot comment 

There is a reason Bruce is stuck in this league. Id take tactics Tim over him, sure whats to say he wouldnt get us promoted. Hed at least give it a go, wouldnt be settling for a draw against **** Burton

You would take Sherwood over Bruce :crylaugh:

5 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Christ. Darwin award winning post here. 

Opinions can change. I think Kodjia is the man to lead the line for us. If he doesn't score another goal by November, I'll rethink that opinion. Because you base your opinion on what you see and the facts at hand. You don't have an opinion and blindly follow it no matter what. :crylaugh:

Wow real Darwin post here, lets hope everything works out because well thats the only thing we are allowed to think. Its flip flopping nothing more. But sure off with you, you can enjoy being a mid table championship club. Ive heard plenty of ye in the Ashley Westwood is quality club, its called blind denial

Just now, astonaidan said:

Nearly and that should say a lot

Sherwood was a disaster. Clueless and a fraud as shown when he got found out. Signed some absolute shit and was arguably one of our worst tactical managers we have had in history. 

Sherwood would never keep 8 clean sheets out of 10. He would never get a team promoted and he would struggle to win back to back games.

The suggestion that he is better option that Bruce is laughable 

Anyone else? How about McLeish? Even he has done more than Sherwood 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

You realise Bruce only spent what he made from sales in his last season at Sunderland, right? 

Bruce left Hull because it was coming up to August and he hadn't been given any money. By the time the season started, they still hadn't bought anyone. As for your love in with the do-gooder Hull owner. He showed massive ambition by bringing in Mike Phelan as manager, didn't he? That bloke with a great track record, no doubt he'll be there for years. Then selling off the clubs top scorer in January. All in the clubs best interests, of course. 

Or maybe, just maybe, he's tight and Bruce wasn't willing to put up with his nonsense. 

Time for you to wake up to the real World. 

Bruce changed the whole team and then got sacked thats what he wanted to do at Hull and he wasnt allowed. 

Maybe just maybe Bruce left the club in the lurch because he thought he had the England gig. So what if he sold the clubs top scorer, he went out and got a quality manager who had proven success abroad and look where they are now.  He could have done a Villa and went for one of the merri go round boys McClaren

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Sherwood was a disaster. Clueless and a fraud as shown when he got found out. Signed some absolute shit and was arguably one of our worst tactical managers we have had in history. 

Sherwood would never keep 8 clean sheets out of 10. He would never get a team promoted and he would struggle to win back to back games.

The suggestion that he is better option that Bruce is laughable 

Anyone else? How about McLeish? Even he has done more than Sherwood 

What are you basing that on, he never had a chance to manager in the championship, for all you know he could dominate. He kept us up in the league and got us to a final, as for the players he signed the French lads werent his. Just to clarify by no means do I want Sherwood back, I dont actually disagree with you on his talents. I merely have Bruce on the same level as him, my point was at least with Tim we tried to win games and this was in the top flight. With Bruce we try to not lose games and this is with the better players in the championship playing Burton

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

oh yeah, I see your logic

we are now officially promoted because you said so

I believe that form gets us promoted next season. Get my logic now based on the question you asked?

The rot is now officially stopped, our terminal decline is no more and we are now on a slow, steady upward trajectory. Let Bruce sort out this squad in the summer and we kick on next season. We should at least make the play offs, but most likely top two.

Just needs to make sure we max out this season to end on a high.

Patience is the key word. Bruce is experienced and a steady, solid pair of hands, I can't think who else would be better even if I think we should be offering slightly more than we are. All good here now I feel.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, astonaidan said:

Nearly and that should say a lot

Talk about a reliance on kodjia then say you'd rather sherwood (nearly) when sherwood relied far more on Benteke and Adebayor (at spurs) for goals and openly admitted so. What was that you were saying about blind faith or something or nonsense?

2 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

After having spent an absolute fortune in the last 2 transfer windows (and quite likely to spend a few £million more in the next one) and being probably the wealthiest club in the division this season and next does anyone feel that anything less than automatic promotion in 2017/2018 would be totally unacceptable?

Planning for next season can start now with promotion this season looking increasing unlikely. With that preparation and the money/pull the club will have in the summer, i think even the most ardent Bruce fan will see promotion as the minimum requirement. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Its a mixed bag. Fortunate with Kodj, Chester and Jed

He's also been unfortunate the previous management bought Gollini, Elphick, Tish and McCormack. 

Thats a great point Xela. Whenever a manager gets a new job its generally because the last management team failed. That in turn means a team that either aren't good enough, or aren't performing. To say Bruce is "lucky to have have inherited Kodjia" without acknowledging the rest of the sh#t he inherited is imo extremely harsh. 

Â