Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think you are mate! You aware Chester scored a goal that won us a game? Hogan got on the score sheet as well vs Wigan. Yes kodjia has been our mr reliable buts it's a results business and Bruce us delivering on that

So would you rather play well like under di Matteo and lose or concede in last 10 mins? Give me play crap and win every day of the week. You can't say we have played crap every game. What team wins 8 of the last 10 and concedes 2 goals. That's a very good return so I won't accept it's been "scraping wins"

Bruce is what's wrong with football?? I dint get that comment at all. Keeping clean sheets, winning games? Bouncing back after terrible form? That's what's wrong with English football? 3 promotions says your point is absolutely absurd at this level. 

Oh God your argument is paper thin. Kodjia has 80% of our goals. You can have crap and not get results like weve been doing most of the time under Bruce and when we are still stuck in the championship in 3 years time, you will still be saying the same nonsense.  Why do we have to be like RDM, why not dominate games and win, there is plenty of managers out there that have done it in the past.

Roy Keane and RDM both have promotions, doesnt make them good managers. No whats wrong is dodgy chancers like Bruce keep getting jobs because that what people like you are convinced they need. Why, because people like Paul Merson said so on sky

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eastie said:

Maybe he keeps getting jobs because he's good at winning promotion from this league ?

He took over a team with one win in 19 and in the relegation zone so the results he's achieved have been decent even if not as good as many hoped .

Scapping and winning ugly is not great to watch but it gets results and at the end of the day it's results that decide where we finish .

I think he will take us up next season - whether he will be successful in the premiership however is another matter but for where we are now he's the ideal fit.

He got the job because sky sports were forcing it, the same way Curbs still gets odds for every job, the same way McClaren keeps getting jobs. You gotta keep the old english boys employed. Bruce has shown this year he isnt the man for the job

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

He's also almost certainly just as aware of and concerned by our over-reliance on Kodjia. Those are the two priorities to fix for next season.

He went out and signed possibly the best two center midfielders in the league as well as a new star striker  and nothing changed

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, astonaidan said:

He went out and signed possibly the best two center midfielders in the league as well as a new star striker  and nothing changed

What's our record in the last 10 league games?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, astonaidan said:

He got the job because sky sports were forcing it, the same way Curbs still gets odds for every job, the same way McClaren keeps getting jobs. You gotta keep the old english boys employed. Bruce has shown this year he isnt the man for the job

Do you realise how deranged this sounds? Is it so hard for you to believe that clubs might be interested in employing a guy who has got teams promoted out of this division on four previous occasions? It has nothing to do with his nationality whatsoever. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Steve Bruce has openly agreed that ball retention is an issue and that he wants to see us improve in that area.

Just out of interest how many more midfielders does he need to sign to improves this?

10 minutes ago, astonaidan said:

What a load of rubbish. He has shown that he gets results, you do know he has the highest win percentage of any recent manager.

We were in a shitstorm and he has turned us around. It was a massive job and he is just starting it. I've no doubt that he will get us promoted next season. I'm just happy to see our team win regularly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, astonaidan said:

No Im not crazy, Bruce is a poor manager. He has shown that he cant win games without Kodja doing something by himself. His tactics are hoof it up to Kodja and hope he does something.

You are crazy if you think we should keep him. If you enjoy sitting there watching a team that had more money spent on that Barcelona/Madrid last season scraping a win while playing shit football good for you. I dont, this sure we won x amount of games means nothing when our season was finished at Christmas because Bruce and his negativity.

Bruce is whats wrong in English football, hes been shown to be a poor manager over and over but still keeps getting a go on the merry go round  

100% this, a poor manager whose recent good run is totally down to a striker bought by the previous manager being in a rich vein of form, no Kodja goals = no win

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

100% this, a poor manager whose recent good run is totally down to a striker bought by the previous manager being in a rich vein of form, no Kodja goals = no win

No doubt Kodjia has been sensational......what about the clean sheets?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Just out of interest how many more midfielders does he need to sign to improves this?

He knows it needs improving in that area.....I trust his judgment to do what he feels necessary.

9 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

What's our record in the last 10 league games?

Whats our record since he took over, How about our midfielders, Ill cut him slack regards Westwood, Gards etc. But Lansbury and Hourihane are star players at this level

2 minutes ago, astonaidan said:

Whats our record since he took over, How about our midfielders, Ill cut him slack regards Westwood, Gards etc. But Lansbury and Hourihane are star players at this level

And over-reaction of the day goes to...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Do you realise how deranged this sounds? Is it so hard for you to believe that clubs might be interested in employing a guy who has got teams promoted out of this division on four previous occasions? It has nothing to do with his nationality whatsoever. 

Explain how McClaren keeps getting employed then? Im just not blinded by the media who force feed us nonsense that everyone then spouts as fact. What you call deranged I have thought about and can see clearly. Like I said off with you and enjoy watching tripe while we struggle to beat teams like Burton and finish tenth again, probably after spending more than everyone in the league again

Just now, astonaidan said:

Explain how McClaren keeps getting employed then? Im just not blinded by the media who force feed us nonsense that everyone then spouts as fact. What you call deranged I have thought about and can see clearly. Like I said off with you and enjoy watching tripe while we struggle to beat teams like Burton and finish tenth again, probably after spending more than everyone in the league again

I'm not sure whether you want me to respond, since you both asked me a question and then said 'off with you'. 

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

And the first goal we concede means we drop points, Norwich put 7 past the 3rd placed team an we get a dull draw against the minnows in the bottom 6 and still people think Bruce will get us promotion. As I said the other night we don't score enough goals under Bruce to get promotion........Not a chance in hell

Edited by mykeyb
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

Chester and Baker on form, two other players signed by RDM and a loan returnee. Unless of course your one of those who thinks Johnstone is a top keeper and we need to sign him as soon as possible

1 minute ago, astonaidan said:

what does McClaren getting jobs have to do with Bruce? Bruce has been 'proven' as a success in the Championship so not quite sure why you are making this comparison?

2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

And the first goal we concede means we drop points, Norwich it 7 passed the 3 rd placed team an we get a dull draw against the minnows in the bottom 6 and still people think Bruce will get us promotion. As I said the other night we don't score enough goals under Bruce to get promotion........Not a chance in hell

You mean the same Norwich that we comfortably beat?

• Like 1

Â