Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, astonaidan said:

Have a look at the actual stats and you will see it was a miracle we got that streak. Relying on Kodija to bail us out again and again what great tactics that was. Our new january signings have been bi passed for hoof ball. You are delusional if you think thats the sort of form we will show next year with Bruce. The type of football he has us playing is not sustainable at getting results

The important stats are we've conceded twice in 9 games and scored 13, who gives a **** if we don't dominate possession if we don't concede and consistently get goals? I couldn't give a shit if we're playing hoof ball if it means getting 100+ points which is what our current form would give us. Look at the stats for our January form, we kept the ball and dominated possession in most games and still get absolutely battered, one of our best performances came in a game where we had about 30% possession. But that's irrelevant really as those sorts of stats have no actual bearing on performance.

And it's not as if playing direct football has never worked in this division, in fact, the perceived wisdom is that direct football is the best way to get promoted.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

The important stats are we've conceded twice in 9 games and scored 13, who gives a **** if we don't dominate possession if we don't concede and consistently get goals? I couldn't give a shit if we're playing hoof ball if it means getting 100+ points which is what our current form would give us. Look at the stats for our January form, we kept the ball and dominated possession in most games and still get absolutely battered, one of our best performances came in a game where we had about 30% possession. But that's irrelevant really as those sorts of stats have no actual bearing on performance.

And it's not as if playing direct football has never worked in this division, in fact, the perceived wisdom is that direct football is the best way to get promoted.

Lol you think were going to get 100 points, you really are delusional. Newcastle and Brigton are the two best teams in the league, they dont play direct football. Villa are a mid table team in the league who had a flukey run where we could easily have lost most of the games we won and thats what you want. You my friend are whats wrong with Villa

• Like 1

Lol you think were going to get 100 points.

"which is what our current form would give us." 

Where do I say I think we're going to do that next season? 

But yeah, I'm delusional for thinking that if we keep our current form up to the end of the season, which is title winning form, then it would be insane not to give Bruce a pre-season and next season.

And just because the current best teams in the league don't play direct doesn't mean it doesn't work. Loads of teams have gotten promoted playing direct, notable examples being Stoke and Hull twice (managed by Bruce).

2 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

"which is what our current form would give us." 

Where do I say I think we're going to do that next season? 

But yeah, I'm delusional for thinking that if we keep our current form up to the end of the season, which is title winning form, then it would be insane not to give Bruce a pre-season and next season.

And just because the current best teams in the league don't play direct doesn't mean it doesn't work. Loads of teams have gotten promoted playing direct, notable examples being Stoke and Hull twice (managed by Bruce).

Our current form in what ten games, how about just use the last game,then our current for is 46 points. 

Yes you are delusional thinking that. 

So 3 teams did it, well youve proven your point. I guess DINOBALL is the way forward, even though well he failed this season. I think we give him five years then if he fails blame the players and let him get a few more quality signings

17 minutes ago, astonaidan said:

Lol you think were going to get 100 points, you really are delusional. Newcastle and Brigton are the two best teams in the league, they dont play direct football. Villa are a mid table team in the league who had a flukey run where we could easily have lost most of the games we won and thats what you want. You my friend are whats wrong with Villa

Newcastle play pretty direct stuff.

So no praise for the manager getting  those results, but every defeat is his fault?

So someone who has a different view than you is what is wrong with Villa. Pathetic!

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Newcastle play pretty direct stuff.

So no praise for the manager getting  those results, but every defeat is his fault?

So someone who has a different view than you is what is wrong with Villa. Pathetic!

There is a difference between direct and hoofball, we play hoofball they play direct.

Its not that he has a difference of opinion, its the blind denial. Plenty of people said keep Bruce, its your prerogative to be wrong. But spouting a recent lucky run as to why hes the perfect manager is whats wrong with him

2 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Sacking a manager when a team is in form is exactly what Blues did... worked out really well for them so far...

Crazy that we are having this discussion

Exactly we should have sacked him at christmas when he showed he wasnt capable of managing this team without Kodija

There is a difference between direct and hoofball, we play hoofball they play direct.

Its not that he has a difference of opinion, its the blind denial. Plenty of people said keep Bruce, its your prerogative to be wrong. But spouting a recent lucky run as to why hes the perfect manager is whats wrong with him

I'm sorry, where did I say any of that?

I thought Bruce should've been sacked back in February, but the recent form has changed my mind because it's been bloody brilliant winning consistently, if we go back into the awful form we were in January/February there's no doubt my mind would change again, because I judge our team on how they are currently doing not how they were doing months ago. Bruce has his failings, and there are certainly improvements to our game and team I'd like to see, but that doesn't mean we should sack him, especially since our form is so good currently.

3 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Keeping him is insanity

However, my opinion carries no creedence whatsoever as I have no proof either way

How do you come to the conclusion its insanity? If Bruce had constantly failed to get teams out of this division then perhaps I could understand more, but he has 4 promotions from this league. He's the perfect manager for promotion. He is very much a results manager as opposed to a footballing manager but the priority is results and promotion, not passing the ball around in a pretty manner. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

I think he's been fortunate the previous management team bought Kodjia Without him we'd be where Blues are now.

Its a mixed bag. Fortunate with Kodj, Chester and Jed

He's also been unfortunate the previous management bought Gollini, Elphick, Tish and McCormack. 

35 minutes ago, astonaidan said:

The games we win are flukey but i'm sure the games we lose we deserve to?

We're not going to get anywhere by keep sacking the manager and staff and starting afresh every 6 months IMO. 

Lets see

Sheffield - failed to get promotion

Huddersfield - failed to get promotion

Wigan - Lost play off semis and left club after 2 months 

Crystal Palace - left club after 3 months #loyalty

Birmingham - Good job, even if it was the dirt

Wigan - Kept them up

Sunderland - failure, thought changing all the players in the team was the way to go, wonder did delusional fans say a few quality signings and we will be grand

Hull - Got them up, but there is a reason the board wasnt willing to back him after the previous season in the top flight. 

And Villa - Well I think hes been a failure,  we got a few wins on the trot and that has taken the spot light of him, incorrectly in my view.

So of the 8 jobs excluding Villa he failed at 5 of them. The only thing this shows is hes clearly on the merri go round

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I'm sorry, where did I say any of that?

I thought Bruce should've been sacked back in February, but the recent form has changed my mind because it's been bloody brilliant winning consistently, if we go back into the awful form we were in January/February there's no doubt my mind would change again, because I judge our team on how they are currently doing not how they were doing months ago. Bruce has his failings, and there are certainly improvements to our game and team I'd like to see, but that doesn't mean we should sack him, especially since our form is so good currently.

Read back Im sure you will find it. So you arent even consistent with your view, a few lucky wins and now you think hes the man for the job. Christ

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

The games we win are flukey but i'm sure the games we lose we deserve to?

We're not going to get anywhere by keep sacking the manager and staff and starting afresh every 6 months IMO. 

Well we deserved to win a lot of RDM games, we didnt. With Bruce we never look like winning when we have to,  any time weve had to win this season we lost or drew. 

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

Its a mixed bag. Fortunate with Kodj, Chester and Jed

He's also been unfortunate the previous management bought Gollini, Elphick, Tish and McCormack. 

Lets be fair Johnstone has cost as much goals as Gollini

2 minutes ago, astonaidan said:

Lets be fair Johnstone has cost as much goals as Gollini

I agree, inconsistent so far but looking better in recent weeks. 

I would refer a more experienced keeper. 

Read back Im sure you will find it. So you arent even consistent with your view, a few lucky wins and now you think hes the man for the job. Christ

No. Because I know what I posted. I never said Bruce was perfect, that's something you claim I said, so it's on you to prove it. I change my view based on the evidence before me, not blindly stick to a position regardless of the current situation.

And just FYI, the reason Hull didn't back him in the summer is because their owner is terrible and is refusing to fund the club as he is throwing a hissy fit because he couldn't get permission to change Hull's name. You'll notice that Phelan and SIlva weren't particularly backed either, Hull have about 15 first team players and a load of loans.

Just now, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

No. Because I know what I posted. I never said Bruce was perfect, that's something you claim I said, so it's on you to prove it. I change my view based on the evidence before me, not blindly stick to a position regardless of the current situation.

And just FYI, the reason Hull didn't back him in the summer is because their owner is terrible and is refusing to fund the club as he is throwing a hissy fit because he couldn't get permission to change Hull's name. You'll notice that Phelan and SIlva weren't particularly backed either, Hull have about 15 first team players and a load of loans.

I said look back you will find it, there now its on you to prove it, someone whos opinion flip flops on the bases of a few good results isnt a opinion I take serious tbh

There owner is terrible, similar nonsense spouted by Merson when Silva was appointed because he was foreign. Maybe he was looking at the clubs best interest moving on from Bruce, but sure that doesnt fit the agenda as Bruce the messiah does it

• Like 1

Â