Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

On 05/04/2017 at 15:39, kurtsimonw said:

Sunderland don't worry me. They're as poor as us when we went down, plus they're likely to lose a player that scores all their goals. We didn't have a single player to lose to cause that much extra trouble. 

Here's hoping they see McCormack as the man to plug that gap. 

Their parachute money will be in excess of ours, we might even get a fee for him. The Northeast have been very good to us recently and long may it continue. 

• Like 1

On 05/04/2017 at 19:07, Demitri_C said:

Hope so if I was Defoe is finish up at West ham then retire rumours they went in for him in January and retiring at your boyhood club is perfect way to end your career.

As for moyes bet he regrets rejecting us for Sunderland considering we are on the up while they are sinking quicker than dropping a log

I agree give me Bruce over moyes any day 

Yep, I think everyone was still thinking of the Everton Moyes, hard done by at United and a dangerous overseas assignment fish out of water. His star has truly sunk now. 

Thinking about it Everton were often a bit up and down under him too. A good season was often followed by a bad one.  Maybe the truth is he got a bit lucky with some signings, and Everton were always better at keeping hold of their better players than the likes of us. They managed to hold the club up for those good seasons more than Moyes perhaps.

Yes Bruce for me all the way over Moyes. I think we had a lucky escape. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure what the argument is anymore. 

I think we all agree that purposeless possession is a waste of time. I don't think anyone really cares whether it's 45 or 55 percent. I think everyone, including the manager, wants to see us be more clinical and less panicky when we do have it. Because there will be times we concede goals. 

Let's try and be even better? Nowt wrong with that as an aim.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DK82 said:

I think we should have one day a week where we celebrate the positive. We can then spend the rest of the week picking faults in that positive.

I nominate Saturday, seeing as we seem to keep winning on them :)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

He's back! ;)

Till the end of the season when Bruce gets us to the playoffs and Wembley and PL then Europa league and CL and PL title

go bruce

GH out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

Till the end of the season when Bruce gets us to the playoffs and Wembley and PL then Europa league and CL and PL title

go bruce

but he might do all that with possession of 49%. Bruce out.  :P

• Like 1

On Thu Apr 06 2017 at 21:19, sidcow said:

Yep, I think everyone was still thinking of the Everton Moyes, hard done by at United and a dangerous overseas assignment fish out of water. His star has truly sunk now. 

Thinking about it Everton were often a bit up and down under him too. A good season was often followed by a bad one.  Maybe the truth is he got a bit lucky with some signings, and Everton were always better at keeping hold of their better players than the likes of us. They managed to hold the club up for those good seasons more than Moyes perhaps.

Yes Bruce for me all the way over Moyes. I think we had a lucky escape. 

A tad unfair on Moyes. The chairman at Sunderland pulled investment on players. No chance of any manager keeping that current Sunderland squad in the Premiership. Lerner did the same to Garde.

Could never understand why Moyes went to Sunderland in the first place. With the same investment from Xia I feel he would have brought in a replacement for Kodjia and not lost as many points as Bruce did.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, striker said:

A tad unfair on Moyes. The chairman at Sunderland pulled investment on players. No chance of any manager keeping that current Sunderland squad in the Premiership. Lerner did the same to Garde.

Could never understand why Moyes went to Sunderland in the first place. With the same investment from Xia I feel he would have brought in a replacement for Kodjia and not lost as many points as Bruce did.

He opted for Sunderland in the summer ahead of coming here and must have known what he was inheriting there budget wise. Regardless he has now failed in his last three jobs.

But it was never a Bruce or Moyes choice regardless I'd have Bruce over Moyes who looks finished.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

He .... must have known what he was inheriting there budget wise.

He was lied to / the "situation" changed. He'll know exactly how Remi Garde felt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, striker said:

I was only musing, it's not really a view I hold. But I still prefer Bruce right now and Moyes reputation has definitely taken a battering whatever the circumstances. He's definitely made some very poor career decisions. 

Â