Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

25 minutes ago, astonaidan said:

What are you basing that on, he never had a chance to manager in the championship, for all you know he could dominate. He kept us up in the league and got us to a final, as for the players he signed the French lads werent his. Just to clarify by no means do I want Sherwood back, I dont actually disagree with you on his talents. I merely have Bruce on the same level as him, my point was at least with Tim we tried to win games and this was in the top flight. With Bruce we try to not lose games and this is with the better players in the championship playing Burton

If he was so good why have no championship sides appointed him? Even his previous club Blackburn didn't want him.

Where is he now? Oh yeah that's right flopping at swindon

Anyone that claims that Steve Bruce is at the same level as Tim Sherwood knows absolutely nothing about the game of football. 

These people should ignored/avoided at all cost :)

16 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Talk about a reliance on kodjia then say you'd rather sherwood (nearly) when sherwood relied far more on Benteke and Adebayor (at spurs) for goals and openly admitted so. What was that you were saying about blind faith or something or nonsense?

I think the goals were more evenly spread when Sherwood was manager. We are very much more a one man team now imo. Yes others have play their part but without Kodjia we would now be battling against relegation.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If he was so good why have no championship sides appointed him? Even his previous club Blackburn didn't want him.

To be fair he is NOT the manager at Swindon, he is the Director of Football. lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair he is NOT the manager at Swindon, he is the Director of Football. lol

Try telling Tim that :P

2 hours ago, astonaidan said:

Lets see

Sheffield - failed to get promotion

Huddersfield - failed to get promotion

Wigan - Lost play off semis and left club after 2 months 

Crystal Palace - left club after 3 months #loyalty

Birmingham - Good job, even if it was the dirt

Wigan - Kept them up

Sunderland - failure, thought changing all the players in the team was the way to go, wonder did delusional fans say a few quality signings and we will be grand

Hull - Got them up, but there is a reason the board wasnt willing to back him after the previous season in the top flight. 

And Villa - Well I think hes been a failure,  we got a few wins on the trot and that has taken the spot light of him, incorrectly in my view.

So of the 8 jobs excluding Villa he failed at 5 of them. The only thing this shows is hes clearly on the merri go round

Not that impressive, is it ?

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think the goals were more evenly spread when Sherwood was manager. We are very much more a one man team now imo. Yes others have play their part but without Kodjia we would now be battling against relegation.

Would we? How about 2 goals conceded in 10? Without kodjia, we wouldn't be where we are now, but I think we would be lower mid table. We won at Wigan without him scoring, we were 1-0 up at Rotherham without him scoring. 

Theres also no saying whoever was in his place wouldn't score? Sherwood openly admitted he played for benteke and any dribs and drabs off him. I don't think that style would appease some of the fans on here. 

Its a crap argument anyway (not from you) because sherwood was genuinely a chancer while Bruce has actually got credentials!

36 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Not that impressive, is it ?

How are the majority of those clubs doing since he left? Worse? I'd say majority so yes. Sheffield united (not Sheffield) have only just got promoted many years later. Wigan are heading down to league 1, Birmingham could still go down to league 1, Sunderland are virtually relegated, hull (although Marco silva has done a remarkable job) oils still go down. 

The arguments, based on this, could easily be that he was overachieving at these clubs. But I won't let that get in the way of your agenda! 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Farlz said:

We've lost once in 9 games but because we've drew today it's back to overreactions and Bruce out. Give it a rest.

Or some people are voicing the same opinion they have held for quite a while and even said so when we were in our run of wins!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Yep and it's really sad that they want our team to not win just so it fits with their agenda

Not sure if serious really. Are you saying if we don't agree with your point of view we are not proper fans?

There are some posters on here who simply don't rate Bruce, I have yet to see a full 90 minutes of football where I can see what he is trying to achieve, what the plan is, for us to look like we might pose a real threat to the opposition,

I genuinely cannot see from his signings what he is trying to achieve.

Be in no doubt I want us promoted, my feeling is that we will see more of the same next season under Bruce and I am not sure it will be enough and if we fail to gain promotion next season we will be in big trouble.

I hope you are right and I am wrong.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Or some people are voicing the same opinion they have held for quite a while and even said so when we were in our run of wins!

Why have so many people got such similar names?! We have a mykeyb and mikeyp, two rodders, a khv and ksv. It's really difficult sometimes, come on lads be more considerate! 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Not sure if serious really. Are you saying if we don't agree with your point of view we are not proper fans?

There are some posters on here who simply don't rate Bruce, I have yet to see a full 90 minutes of football where I can see what he is trying to achieve, what the plan is, for us to look like we might pose a real threat to the opposition,

I genuinely cannot see from his signings what he is trying to achieve.

Be in no doubt I want us promoted, my feeling is that we will see more of the same next season under Bruce and I am not sure it will be enough and if we fail to gain promotion next season we will be in big trouble.

I hope you are right and I am wrong.

No Im not saying if you disagree with me you are not a proper at all. I can understand why some people have concerns even though I'm 100% behind him. However, there have been some fans who use any bad result as a way to overly criticise Bruce. For example, in the match thread yesterday there was someone (who has openly admitted he doesn't watch many games and merely goes off stats), within seconds of us conceding, posted something along the lines of glad he was being proven right. Now for me that clearly shows an agenda against Bruce rather than having a constructive concern.

1 hour ago, Mjvilla said:

Why have so many people got such similar names?! We have a mykeyb and mikeyp, two rodders, a khv and ksv. It's really difficult sometimes, come on lads be more considerate! 

I often end up almost trashing the wrong users for a post! Lol

For all his weak points, I actually have faith in Bruce to not buy,complete dross. Especially complimented by our owner and set up.

Potential players will finally be able to come into a steady amd positive Villa again.

As long as they are banned from VT.

1 hour ago, Mjvilla said:

I really couldnt handle a Majaican_Livan and a Villacian_Jiman

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Sure Bruce flopped at his first few jobs, maybe Tim will end up better than Pep. Plus where did I say he was good, I never once said Tim was a good manager, I said he would have tried to win against Burton something Bruce doesnt try, his mandate is not to lose at all cost

• Like 1

Â