Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Few better people than Steve Bruce to judge a centre half. If he sees potential in Jedinak to excel in the role then I'm all for it. 

If he asks Huttoninho to play up front, I'm all for that too.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/03/24/w-jh-three-free-agents-villa-should-sign-this-summer-18m-ace-lea/

These suggestions aren't half bad:

Three free agents Villa should target this summer: Including Manchester United star

Manchester United's Michael Carrick celebrates after the match

Michael Carrick 

The vastly experienced and successful Manchester United ace has remained an important figure at Old Trafford under Jose Mourinho, but at 35, Carrick may be deemed surplus to requirements at the Premier League giants (he is yet to be offered a new deal). With Carrick's contract set to expire at the end of the season, could Bruce make a shrewd move for the 'pass-master' who, as reported by the Mirror, attended the Villa manager's son's wedding in 2015?

Burnley's George Boyd celebrates scoring their third goal

George Boyd

The current Burnley forward was signed by Bruce for Hull City in 2013 - a period in the Scotland international's career that saw an FA Cup Final appearance and participation in European football in 2014-15. Boyd, now 31-years-old, can be viewed as an proven Championship performer and may well consider the possibility of returning to the division in order to re-unite with Bruce - especially as no new contract appears to be on the horizon at Turf Moor. 

Wales' Wayne Hennessey

Wayne Hennessey

The Midlanders have a collection of plausible misfits when it comes to goalkeepers at the club. Current number one Sam Johnstone is only contracted to Villa by virtue of his loan move from Manchester United - who, if so inclined, decide to recall the 23-year-old stopper, would curtail Bruce's options to Jed Steer, Mark Bunn, or a return for the out-of-favour Italian Pierluigi Gollini a year early from his loan spell with Atalanta (due to run until May 2018).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd take Boyd as a squad player and I'd prefer to keep Johnstone. Hopefully Bruce wil just be tinkering in the summer. We signed very well in Jan and if we match that in the summer we will have the best squad in the league. Hopefully Bruce can give chances to Lyden and RHM as they could save us a bit of money. 

Wayne Hennessy is a crap goalkeeper, he kept a clean sheet vs Ireland but didnt look once convincing, even dropped a cross in last 10 minutes that nobody took advantage of

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Wayne Hennessy is a crap goalkeeper, he kept a clean sheet vs Ireland but didnt look once convincing, even dropped a cross in last 10 minutes that nobody took advantage of

How about that Neil Taylor?

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Carrick is a dumb suggestion because he will have plenty of Premier League suitors. 

Well, yeah, but, he went to Steve Bruce's son's wedding several years ago so don't rule it out just yet

• Like 1

Perhaps we should check the guest list. I hope Steve wasn't being tight at the time, "Look at £60 a head we're just going to invite family and close friends. I wasn't even at the club when Christiano was there!".

21 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I don't know how much of it is Bruce and how much the club, but there is a real concerted effort to engage more with the fanbase this season. I'm very impressed, and I do like listening to Bruce. 

It does not surprise me at all......The guy is a top man outside of work too.

I don't know him personally but I know folk who do and trust their judgment.......and while the football is what we are interested in.....its good to know, good people are running things.

I always believe that if a manager has a good heart, the players will see that and respond well.....Steve has.

He knows this business too..... we are in safe Hands.

Â