Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

13 minutes ago, sne said:

30% possession

Below 60% passing accuracy.

80 :o clearances!

Still winning 2-0.

Odd game football is.

It is pretty much anti-football, but it's working so...

Without Kodja the outlook might be very different.........

• Like 3

Just now, mykeyb said:

Without Kodja the outlook might be very different.........

Yeah.

I'm OK with not playing possession football, but in the low 30's you are pretty much riding your luck not actually controlling the game.

We saw when Kodija was away it all imploded, and hoping he will rescue us 46 times next season is a very risky strategy.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah.

I'm OK with not playing possession football, but in the low 30's you are pretty much riding your luck not actually controlling the game.

We saw when Kodija was away it all imploded, and hoping he will rescue us 46 times next season is a very risky strategy.

Equally you can't control every game and do need to dig in to get results in this league something which we couldn't do a while back. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, sne said:

30% possession

Below 60% passing accuracy.

80 :o clearances!

Still winning 2-0.

Odd game football is.

It is pretty much anti-football, but it's working so...

I've had a dim view of some of his tactics but there was nothing anti football about today.

Norwich play 'attractive' football going forward, that's that. Nothing we did would alter that.

In turn, we handled that, got forward well, and scored twice .

And I don't really go for this ' Kodja dependence' idea. Firstly Hogan also looked dangerous. 

I think unlike in January we now have other players getting forward and they could easily have contributed today.

Secondly you could say the same about Van  Nistleroy, Henry, Fowler, etc....any team that has a good goal scorer becomes dependent to some extent. 

There are very few teams that have goals throughout the team.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Equally you can't control every game and do need to dig in to get results in this league something which we couldn't do a while back. 

BBC WM have just said that you don't get out of this league playing effervescent attractive football. That Bruce knows exactly what it takes to get out of this league which is being organised, players knowing their jobs and making less mistakes than the opposition. Which is exactly what we are doing. 

I have seen us concede loads goals like our second but never score one like it because it's usually been us making the mistakes down the years instead of capitalising on someone else's mistake. 

I really really do wish though that we would leave someone up on corners. 

It's simple maths. You leave one up they bring 2 or 3 back. 

You leave no one up they actually have an extra man or even 2 around our box AND the ball keeps coming straight back at you once cleared. It amazes me that anyone can see this as anything other than an insane tactic. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

BBC WM have just said that you don't get out of this league playing effervescent attractive football.

Yup, Barca would really struggle in our league. FFS don't listen to that cliched shyte.

We are chances at the moment, we need to improve our chances of automatic promotion next season, not to get lucky every match in the hope of a playoff spot.

So can't buy into the Steve Bruce love in when viewed from a 'automatic promotion next season' point of view.

Edited by NottingVilla
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Football is simple. Try and score and don't concede or try and score more than the other team. Possession is great but not the be all and end all as arsenal fans know.

My dad once met Bob Paisley who imparted onto him this knowledge:

At the start of the game the score is nil, nil. The aim of the game is not to let things deteriorate from there.

• Like 3

The only stat that matters is goals scored.

Winning games with 30% possession? I'd say that is very efficient football. Teams have more possession than us in most games but we have kept clean sheets in 6 out of 7 games. Can't be that important then.

• Like 3

Â