Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

4 hours ago, TRO said:

Terry

• Its not a dreadful excuse, its a reason.
  • So when he went after Hourihane, Lansbury and Hogan.....you didn't want them?.....you thought they was worse than what we had?.....is that correct?
  • There will come a time when he will be judged, but right now maybe too soon in the light of the size of the demise over 6 years and the current level of personnel disruption.
  • I believe most fans were happy with his additions.....so far, its not working.....but lets not divorce ourselves from the excitement of signing them particular ones just because its not working, maybe our judgment is impaired too?.....perish the thought.
  • We can't ignore any facts, but equally ( I don't want to get all religious) what we can't see, does not always mean nothing is there.....He maybe working hard behind the scenes and if you was there to see it may say, may say.....what more can he do or say, he is saying/doing the right things its going to take time to sink in.

No we needed players of course I accept that.

I just find the whole idea that improving the squad is some sort of tragedy Bruce has had to cope with is bonkers.

Had we NOT improved it no doubt people would be saying he needs time because we DIDNT buy !! Heads he wins tails he wins !

Most Managers would give anything for the players he added so I'm afraid I simply can't accept it as being described almost as a problem.

And yes, to the puzzled guy, it is a real post that I don't go for the 'own players' idea, it's a cop out.

A Manager is no doubt helped when he adds a few players who are his choice but it really shouldn't ever be taken as a given that ' oh well they aren't his players so we can't complain we are crap"..... I'm absolutely sure that when at the interview the Doc said " can you get us promoted ?" Bruce DIDNT say " oh yeah but not with these players I have my own specially built"

He could always have not taken the job if he didn't fancy the players that were here.

And when we finally DO get the right Manager this nonsense will be shown for what it is, because as with good Managers throughout history he will take what he's given and make it work.

• Like 1

6 weeks ago I was the saviour? :crylaugh:

**** off. 6 weeks ago I once again decided I wouldn't be spending a penny on this shit anymore. 6 weeks before that I was seriously asking questions about how far his woeful football would take us without the undoubted luck he was getting.

What a clueless deluded man.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

6 weeks ago I was the saviour? :crylaugh:

**** off. 6 weeks ago I once again decided I wouldn't be spending a penny on this shit anymore. 6 weeks before that I was seriously asking questions about how far his woeful football would take us without the undoubted luck he was getting.

What a clueless deluded man.

I did also find that comment a bit arrogant from Bruce .

A week is a long time in football Mr Bruce.

The last eleven weeks have brought 3 wins in 15 games, scoring 9 goals and conceding 22.

You are not the messiah you are a very naughty boy.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

The last seven weeks have brought 3 wins in 15 games, scoring 9 goals and conceding 22.

The last 7 weeks have brought no wins by my calculations?

6 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Because a manager should get more than 5 games with his players? it's not rocket science.

Worst losing streak since 1974. You realise we lost 11 in a row last season and 7 in a row last season, yes? :crylaugh:

He's had more than 5 games. Don't blame the new players excuse. He decided to throw them all in at once. I don't know why the commentator kept saying worst string of defeats since 1974? In all comps?

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

This thread lately makes me run out of my daily allotment of likes

Same here but I'd rather Bruce was gone so we can close this thread.

Jus feel we should go for Rowett now while he is available, he would kick a few arses!

Edited by Jas10

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

The last eleven weeks have brought 3 wins in 15 games, scoring 9 goals and conceding 22.

Have a like, just for the Python reference.

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

The absolute minimum you would expect from a manager deserving of staying in his job is someone who gets his players fighting and working together, who can motivate and lift his players, who can get them to work hard and stick together and be able to keep their spirits up and inspire them. The MINIMUM! Regardless of results (which can sometimes, just sometimes be put down to poor luck - not under Bruce though) you expect to see a team on the pitch who fight for a cause and show some determination. Even that has gone now...

Bruce has been completely incapable of doing even that, he is completely lost and devoid of passion, fight and ideas. He takes an age to change things on the pitch, continually fails to lift or inspire his players to show any fight and cohesion. He flipping changes formations every game and has no idea what his best 11 is and how to organise them on the pitch! This has not worked out, accept that and move on. Give someone else a chance!

who.

sorry, I read back to front....Rowett

Rowett..ok

ps maybe it will be third time lucky.

Edited by TRO

5 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

I don't agree with this 'his players' bollocks. A decent manager should be able to work with any decent bunch of players. A manager wouldn't walk into Chelsea and start churning out dross football and losing every week and then have the fans say "oh well, they are not his players so it is to be expected".

Mourinho....I seem to recall.....don't know about the last bit, but sounds familiar.

26 minutes ago, TRO said:

who.

sorry, I read back to front....Rowett

Rowett..ok

ps maybe it will be third time lucky.

Honestly, I'm really not hung up on us appointing any particular manager right now, he's just a suggestion and not a bad shout imo due to several factors e.g. young, hungry, proven, available now, no nonsense...

Eventually, I would love us to have a bright, brilliant & truly clued up man at the helm (maybe Rowett could prove to be that, he would appear to have a positive future in the game) but we have to be realistic as to who we can bring in now and who would come here imo. I really don't want us to waste time now as disaster is fast approaching and we desperately need to act. Of course, it's all up to those figures who are running the club and we would hope they know their stuff, have done and will do their research and make the right choice - I really hope they are not going to keep waiting now...

We need to arrest this horrific slump and Bruce is clearly not the right man for us. I say once again, it just hasn't worked and is not the right fit, all the evidence is there and has been for weeks. Things don't always worked out as expected, but you should always keep trying to do better no matter how drastic the action may seem...

You know you come on here and sometimes it's very difficult to comprehend how a poster you normally agree with 95% of the time can have such a starkly opposite viewpoint to what you hold. A couple of years ago Richard was fulsome in his praise of Lambert while I and lots of other posters really thought his race was run. Similarly TRO has a viewpoint on the current which he staunchly believes in while I am struggling to find any positives with Bruce at all. It's possible we are both wrong and somewhere in the middle lies the true measure if the man. Strange game this football.

• Like 1

Â