Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

sky with a good stat, PL managers with the worst goal difference (over 200 games)

bruce -130

Pardew -96

fat sam / curbishley - 91

matinez - 88

It is almost as if being defensive, sitting deep and inviting pressure is counter productive.

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Steve Bruce” is in at number 10.

I thought Boris Johnson was nailed on for it. Still Brucey couldn't do any worse than Theresa May.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TRO said:

but what has this really got to do with us?.......My understanding is we are debating what he did or didn't do for us,while he was with us, this has no bearing on that.....What he does after Villa....who cares?

Nothing. This is the Steve Bruce thread. People are remarking on his recent newsworthy actions which apparently is a bridge too far for some people.

• Like 1

Like I say, I think the man is a bit of a knob and not a great manager.

That doesn't mean I couldn't see how well they got on based on intereactions between the 2 during/after games. It might also be a coincidence of timing that the whole kidney thing happened that summer so he was just in the right place to put an arm round him.

Agreed that as he doesn't coach he doesn't deserve credit for improving Jack's technical ability.

I just wanted to post a balanced comment so when I inevitably end up slagging him off I can just vaguely wave towards this...

4 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

**** you, Bruce.
It's time to get out of management, Bruce.
What were you even doing there in the first place, Bruce?
You didn't even get properly promoted, Bruce.
Are you happy now, Bruce?
**** you, Bruce!

Absolute genius. 

Well played sir. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I was always confident last season that Bruce and Villa would be in the Premier League last season. Glad to see I'm proven right.

But you were wrong 😉

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Newcastle will be the biggest Premier League club Bruce has managed, his time at Aston Villa having coincided with Championship football and financial crisis at the Midlands club. Villa managed to reach the play-offs despite Bruce being required to slash millions from the annual budget

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/jul/17/steve-bruce-newcastle-united-paul-wilson

The press backing him up already, the guardian saying this and also saying we were "cash strapped" when he was here, forgetting the millions he wasted on shit players

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

The press backing him up already, the guardian saying this and also saying we were "cash strapped" when he was here, forgetting the millions he wasted on shit players

Slashed the budget with JT and Snoddy on £60k a week.

SLASHED.

Â