Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Should have achieved more with the resources he had, he left us in a mess with a 2 terrible goalkeepers, 1 centre back, 3 right backs and tuanzebe. Signed players with no idea how to utilise them. His best signings were all loan players.

I applaud the way he carried on throughout his personal problems but my opinion of him as a manager will always remain that he is a spud faced chancer with no idea how to build a team just individuals capable of moments of magic. 

Was not easy to do any business during the summer because of the economic uncertainty surrounding the club.

Blaming the coach for everything is a bit harsh as well, if you blame the coach you also have to blame the board. The board have a big say on ins and outs.

34 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Was not easy to do any business during the summer because of the economic uncertainty surrounding the club.

Blaming the coach for everything is a bit harsh as well, if you blame the coach you also have to blame the board. The board have a big say on ins and outs.

Edit double post

Edited by Jimzk5

35 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We were/are still in a mess because of his failure to use the funds given to him by the previous regime in a wise manor snodgrass, Terry, Johnstone were good/excellent players for us but its that short term thinking that's got us where we are now. 

When he did get funds in the summer what did he do, sign bolassi, Nyland and abraham (I won't count el ghazi as he is a mendes player) and bombed out elphick leaving us with 1 CB. That's incompetent from any football manager. 

Abraham of course goes without saying is a massive player for us but won't be here in 3 months

Not just blaming Bruce, the previous board also get the blame too, but ultimately Bruce is the face of this shambles, and just like Arry does, he walks away somehow with his reputation intact. 

Edited by Jimzk5

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

He had it disrupted but still managed to bring in seven players and was given the go ahead to bring in that French defender and Bryan until they both decided against the move. So while it was a bit of an issue, he couldn’t say he wasn’t backed.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

6 hours ago, TRO said:

You could use that first line against any manager.....its all about winning.

slightly disagree, its not as important but there is definitely an element of seeing what they are trying do and at least baby steps towards improvement too

i don't think Bruce for any real length of time had all 3 things going for him, too many of the wins were dependant on individual moments rather us as a team getting better

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You seem obsessed with seeing him fail. I hope he does well, he is a likable guy.

I hold no grudges towards him.

He is not a likeable guy

Sherwood is more likeable 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

slightly disagree, its not as important but there is definitely an element of seeing what they are trying do and at least baby steps towards improvement too

i don't think Bruce for any real length of time had all 3 things going for him, too many of the wins were dependant on individual moments rather us as a team getting better

Yes, i agree.

but today, Albion showed us the physicality of their model.......but it was moments for them too.....we did all the huffing and puffing, they just picked out our weaknesses and exploited it....aided by a poor referree.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

You seem obsessed with seeing him fail. I hope he does well, he is a likable guy.

I hold no grudges towards him.

Better hope he fails because no doubt he will be lining up his next pop at us fans.

I dread him being proven 'right'

I think had Terry not been injured midway through the season, we'd be getting spanked in the PL this season, which is infinitely better than getting spanked in the Championship, because at least we'd reactivate the parachute payments.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I think had Terry not been injured midway through the season, we'd be getting spanked in the PL this season, which is infinitely better than getting spanked in the Championship, because at least we'd reactivate the parachute payments.

Yes if we had sticked with Bruce.

Bruce got a poor record as a coach in the Prem. I always said that if we got promoted i wanted Bruce out.

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Yes if we had sticked with Bruce.

Bruce got a poor record as a coach in the Prem. I always said that if we got promoted i wanted Bruce out.

So your point is Bruce is great in Championship and thats it. Man your whining makes less sense as it goes

51 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Frankly looks like Wednesday will get more points than we do between now and the end of the season. 

And yet, people will stock mock it?! People mocking a point against Rotherham whilst we're getting beaten, again, at home. 

The trick is to get your own house in order before pointing fingers elsewhere, seems to have been sorely forgotten around here. 

29 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

In fairness the fingers are being pointed at the guy who failed and left us in the position where we now have to get our house in order. 

Its ok for people like bruce and redknapp, they can **** a club up, get a payout and move on. The rest have to pay the price and rebuild. 

Its interesting.....I am not going to open a new debate and I am certainly not going to criticise you for your stance on Steve Bruce, I respect the opinions...but

Dean Smith himself, Who could easily be in a position to join in with you....Has categorically praised him and said what a good man and manager he is.

Now I think Dean is in a well placed position to make a meaningful comment on the man, don't you?

However, The past is the past.....Dean has to work to get this right and be left to do so.

No more manager changes.

Edited by TRO

16 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

In fairness the fingers are being pointed at the guy who failed and left us in the position where we now have to get our house in order. 

Its ok for people like bruce and redknapp, they can **** a club up, get a payout and move on. The rest have to pay the price and rebuild. 

Absolutely this 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its interesting.....I am not going to open a new debate and I am certainly not going to criticise you for your stance on Steve Bruce, I respect the opinions...but

Dean Smith himself, Who could be easily be in a position to join in with you....Has categorically praised him and said what a good man and manager he is.

Now I think Dean is in a well placed position to make a meaningful comment on the man, don't you?

However, The past is the past.....Dean has to work to get this right and be left to do so.

No more manager changes.

Professional courtesy. The minimum I would expect to be honest. 

He may well think highly of Bruce, but I doubt Smith would take the opportunity to slate him, doesn’t seem that sort of character. Who was the last manager we had who openly criticised the previous manager?

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 2

Â