Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

On 14/02/2019 at 09:22, Mantis said:

What Dean Smith does is neither here nor there - the fact is that Bruce once was an expert in getting teams promoted from this league, he has proven that is no longer the case.

to date....He hasn't retired yet.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Still wouldn't change the fact he failed here and left a **** mess while doing it.

Don't want to create a monologue, once again.....but 24 wins in a season, Ain't a bad way to fail, if you ARE going to fail.

I still rate Bruce as a manager at this level, we had a good season 17/18, probably the best time supporting Villa in years, had a sad ending but shit happens.

He had a poor spell with us this season, but then again he only got the job till October, he may or may not have turned it around, you never know. Hull were in similar form, difference is they didn't sack the guy in October and he managed to turn it around.

Was always going to be a difficult season based on the total mess surrounding the club during the summer.

27 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I still rate Bruce as a manager at this level, we had a good season 17/18, probably the best time supporting Villa in years, had a sad ending but shit happens.

He had a poor spell with us this season, but then again he only got the job till October, he may or may not have turned it around, you never know. Hull were in similar form, difference is they didn't sack the guy in October and he managed to turn it around.

Was always going to be a difficult season based on the total mess surrounding the club during the summer.

Difference is Hull didnt have one of biggest budgets in league

Bruce is probably only manager in Championship History to discard of 2 10 million pound strikers

Edited by Zatman

2 hours ago, TRO said:

We all know what happened and depending on our overall views we will have an opinion.

but I say it once more....He's gone, we need to put it to bed.

33 minutes ago, TRO said:

to date....He hasn't retired yet.

32 minutes ago, TRO said:

Don't want to create a monologue, once again.....but 24 wins in a season, Ain't a bad way to fail, if you ARE going to fail.

Is this you putting the subject to bed then Tro? Saying we should move on but still replying to others about Bruce?

31 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I assume you’ll be extending this consideration to the current manager of the club too.

5 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Is this you putting the subject to bed then Tro? Saying we should move on but still replying to others about Bruce?

Its called bed hopping🤣

1 hour ago, TRO said:

What did it get us? A huge mess that sees us in the same league for another year. Brilliant stuff.

55 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Haha. Yet you are hammering dean smith every chance you get. 

7 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

As opposed to our fantastic recent form.

Nope, no hostility there at all Dave, I totally see why you refute any accusations of personal bias. And using someone's achievements as a way to try and belittle them is pretty sad mate in all honesty, it's like running up to Bill Gates and mocking him for launching Microsoft just because their attempts to enter the mobile phone market failed.

No doubt you'll fail to see this and instead respond with words like unsubstantiated and unwarranted etc, usual response to being challenged on your views.

Are you actually being serious ? For his entire tenure here - we have had to listen to people on here and elsewhere that he is the man to get us out of the championship - it's his speciality they told us  - well guess what ? Despite two highly funded seasons he didn't. The comparison you used is ridiculous imo with all due respect 

And for the record I will say again I have no personal interest in this man whatsoever - I would challenge you to find anything I have posted that is personal or abusive towards him.

Bruce was in my opinion a very very ordinary football manager long before he rocked up and made a mess of our club.

As for being challenged on my views - I would say that's kettle calling the pot black -  again in my opinion - but you are not alone in this 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dave J said:

Are you actually being serious ? For his entire tenure here - we have had to listen to people on here and elsewhere that he is the man to get us out of the championship - it's his speciality they told us  - well guess what ? Despite two highly funded seasons he didn't. The comparison you used is ridiculous imo with all due respect 

And for the record I will say again I have no personal interest in this man whatsoever - I would challenge you to find anything I have posted that is personal or abusive towards him.

Bruce was in my opinion a very very ordinary football manager long before he rocked up and made a mess of our club.

As for being challenged on my views - I would say that's kettle calling the pot black -  again in my opinion - but you are not alone in this 

The more games we dont win the more the Bruce myth explodes

With his resources the worst manager in Villa history

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DCJonah said:

What did it get us? A huge mess that sees us in the same league for another year. Brilliant stuff.

But the mess was not only his doing......even you can see that, surely.

The problem with Bruce was he was very short term thinking. He didn’t lol to put foundations or build fir the future. Under smith I think this will be the direction he wants. Let’s be honest since we went down that has always been the strategy gambling/short term thinking and where has it got us ? 

Time to forget about Bruce he failed here just di matteo sherwood And lambert before him

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

Difference is Hull didnt have one of biggest budgets in league

Bruce is probably only manager in Championship History to discard of 2 10 million pound strikers

Fulham had a big budget too.....its what you do with it.

its not about spending big money......its about buying good players that blend in to a team.

its not the same thing.

Steve Bruce failed in his remit to get us up.....His plan to do it was a short term one, had we not lost Jack and JT for long periods it could have worked, 24 wins and just missing out on the playoffs was close, sure the final was disappointing and the football during the season was unconvincing at times.....In another season his plan could have worked.

His remit at his new club, will not necessarily be the same as with us, in the sense of the pressure to get up.....no doubt his record of promotions will be an attraction to them and it won't be lost on them how close he come with us, irrespective of the budget.

This chapter has now gone.....fans will have their own opinions on him and thats all they are now....we do need to move on, me included.

Personally, I have never thought he was good (apart from being reasonably well connected to get players) but i have never thought he was as bad as some pictures that are painted.....however I thought his football was uninspiring.

Dean is our man now.....we need to get behind him and give him a chance.

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

The more games we dont win the more the Bruce myth explodes

With his resources the worst manager in Villa history

You could use that first line against any manager.....its all about winning.

Should have achieved more with the resources he had, he left us in a mess with a 2 terrible goalkeepers, 1 centre back, 3 right backs and tuanzebe. Signed players with no idea how to utilise them. His best signings were all loan players.

I applaud the way he carried on throughout his personal problems but my opinion of him as a manager will always remain that he is a spud faced chancer with no idea how to build a team just individuals capable of moments of magic. 

• Like 2

Â