Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

One thing I am intrigued about, is what he will say when he does get the boot.

I couldn't care less.  It will be nonsense, but won't matter at all as he'll be chip wrapping by then.

16 hours ago, Junxs said:

Watched his full press conference on ITVs youtube channel, he said "I've been here 20 months" his 2 year anniversary is just around the corner for crying out loud, his calendar must only have 10 months! 

That stat "6 days in the top 2"........Its like a dagger in the Heart.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We could go out and do a Wolves and Bristol at home last season in each of the games, won't change my mind. Has to go. End of.

We have seen these fleeting " moments in the sun" before and then quickly back to normal.

There is no positive consistency in this team.....and that stat only 6 days in the 2nd spot, has staggered me.

What are we really waiting for other than the right manager.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

We have seen these " moments in the sun" before and then quickly back to normal.

There is no positive consistency in this team.....and that stat only 6 days in the 2nd spot, has staggered me.

What are we really waiting for other than the right manager.

I think, hope really, that that is what is staying their hand.

• Like 2

Spending the money we've spent, paying the wages we pay, we should not be just one place above our screaming neighbours. Not because they are well-dwellers but because of their financial circumstances and huge difference in quality between squads. 

What happened to Bruce's belief that you need 2 points per game to get out of this league? We are currently sat on 1.4 points per game - that alone proves he's not hitting his own targets! We'd have to win the next 6 games in a row to hit the 2 points per game mark. Can anyone see that happening? 

If the owners have any ambition at all they need to see the bigger picture here and get rid. Bruce doesn't know how to set up an attacking team and with our defence being so poor we need to attack because we need at least two goals per game to have a chance of winning. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Mine has a permanent limp. ?

(To clarify that's obviously because I'm a superstar in the sack as opposed to any kind of domestic violence situation).

I was thinking LGBTQ+ acceptance...

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

It's just a matter of time now. Poor result tomorrow and he will be gone imo. 

It will be a hard fought 1-0 win against Champions-elect Preston, who are one of the biggest teams in the country don't you know.

Tomorrow night will be a "scalp" according to Bruce.

Preston the team who are bottom of the table with -10 GD and have only won 1 game all season.

We should win 5 - 0 surely not even Bruce can **** this up.

I can't wait to hear after the game from his mouthpieces in the media on how Bruce is a tactical genius and that were so lucky to have him.

Edited by AshVilla

34 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

It will be a hard fought 1-0 win against Champions-elect Preston, who are one of the biggest teams in the country don't you know.

In fairness it’s been less than 130 years since Preston were an unbeaten league and cup winning side.

Which, knowing Bruce’s relaxed attitude towards accurate time keeping, means it was only 3 short seasons ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Edit beaten too it :(

Hey how dare you talk Preston down! They are founder members of the football league and the original invincibles! Also the first team to win the double in the 1888/89 season. 

Edited by jim

15 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Preston the team who are bottom of the table with -10 GD and have only won 1 game all season.

I can't wait to hear after the game from his mouthpieces in the media on how Bruce is a tactical genius and that were so lucky to have him.

He will no doubt crow about “shutting a few people up” if we get the win and take great pride in it too.

39 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

yeah but they will move off the bottom and he will then help Millwall get off the bottom on Saturday ;)

Â