Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

50 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Bruce needs to grow a beard, wear a waistcoat and change his name to sergio brucio.

If we sack bruce all that will happen is someone will come in and put James Collins at the back and Kenian Davis up front and we will win a few draw a few and lose a couple, then repeat the process.

Nostradamus screwdriver predicts Steve Bruce will go to Stoke and get them up

whilst Villa hire Smith and he gets Jedi and Chester to play one twos on the edge of our own penalty area to the delight of the football purists whilst we finish 13th buit the fans post wildly on message boards about exciting football.

It must be lonely being the only one left on that side of the fence.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

20180930_211403.jpg

Watched his full press conference on ITVs youtube channel, he said "I've been here 20 months" his 2 year anniversary is just around the corner for crying out loud, his calendar must only have 10 months! 

49 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

These people in the media who support bruce strike me as people who go on a 2 star all inclusive and eat shit on toast all week whilst spending there evenings listening to the turkish gary glitter band. 

It’s hard to know how to respond to this sentence. 

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Do you know he comes out every pre match and says "it's never easy to go [insert club here] or it's never easy in any game in the Championship"...do you every think he wonders to himself why it is never easy? Why it always a struggle?

Do you think he ever questions whether he is doing enough to prepare the team so that games and a mode of playing eventually become routine and comfortable?

No, of course not. Brucie is always right. Brucie knows best. Best man for the job Brucie. 4 promotions Brucie.

I hate these ‘tough league’ arguments and ‘never easy’. It isn’t a tough league. It’s an utterly shite league. The gulf between the championship and PL is hilarious. Our team should be walking this. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sne said:

Ian Holloway has come out and given his support for Bruce being the right man for Villa when he appeared as a pundit on Quest's EFL highlights show.

So I think that settles it.

So that confirms it. Bruce is a half-arsed manager who used to have some ability.

• Haha 1

“I know, with a club the size of ours, there is an expectation. But it is not a given we come to Bristol City and win the game three or four-nil.”

how about an expectation that we don’t look rudderless?  Or that we look like our players and our tactics are aligned in a way that make sense.  I’m not disappointed we didn’t win 4 nil.  I’m disappointed that we look disorganized, disjointed, and occasionally disinterested.  Your straw man defense (nobody said you should cake walk to victory) simply proves you have no real defense.  Please resign for the sake of the club, and yourself.  You’ve lost it.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TRO said:

No Doubt....Results are what pay the bills.....Its what brings success.

However, Performances are the tell tale sign of the  likleyhood of those precious results being feasible.

I understand the owners are more likely to act upon results as opposed to Performances, but Nous will tell you, we are procrastinating, we are floating like flotsam, waiting to drift in to the next good performance.

We are not driving, we are being driven by chance and the alignment of the factors that we hit on.

We have no idea what the owners are thinking and by the way, I don't want to see any manager lose his job for the sake of it......but I want to see an end to this turgid unconvincing offering that does not resemble team football.

I don't for one minute think Steve Bruce does not know what he is doing, that for me is absurd, but he is lost in a constant sea of change, searching for an answer to his problems...I understand his possible need to keep changing due to players having varying attributes, but continuity is central to players understanding where each other is and getting some semblance of team play....at present team play is eluding him and it cannot continue unabated.

The owners have many factors to consider and performances not just results will tell them an awful lot.....We do not need to lose or draw a significant run of matches to see the problem that we face.....We have had them and failed to address it.

I agree that to say Steve Bruce doesn’t know what he’s doing, after all these years, just isn’t true. He knows exactly what he’s doing, however, what he’s doing is no longer relevant, in this day and age, to producing a successful, progressive thinking football team. He harps on about his past successes without realising that that’s exactly what they are, successes achieved in the past. 

He knows what he’s doing, what he doesn’t know is what he should be doing. He was an above average manager in the past, he hasn’t moved on and so is now at best is an average manager and falling further behind everyday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I agree that to say Steve Bruce doesn’t know what he’s doing, after all these years, just isn’t true. He knows exactly what he’s doing, however, what he’s doing is no longer relevant, in this day and age, to producing a successful, progressive thinking football team. He harps on about his past successes without realising that that’s exactly what they are, successes achieved in the past. 

He knows what he’s doing, what he doesn’t know is what he should be doing. He was an above average manager in the past, he hasn’t moved on and so is now at best is an average manager and falling further behind everyday. 

Spot on!

He knows what he is doing but what he is doing isn’t working. 

• Like 1

I hate "2 games to save his job". Not for Bruce, for anyone.

What is realistically going to happen in 2 games?

Unless we suddenly smash the next 2 teams 5-0 then nothing really changes.
Will two 1-0 victories suddenly make him the right choice?

I don't get it.

I kinda suspect it's just a stalling tactic to allow them to find a replacement...

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I hate "2 games to save his job". Not for Bruce, for anyone.

What is realistically going to happen in 2 games?

Unless we suddenly smash the next 2 teams 5-0 then nothing really changes.
Will two 1-0 victories suddenly make him the right choice?

I don't get it.

I kinda suspect it's just a stalling tactic to allow them to find a replacement...

I’d get it if the club recruited him in the summer. Then maybe their would be a case to give him more time to let the team gel or his ideas to work etc.

But in Bruce’s case there’s nothing to left too see. I suspect the 2 game thing is pure paper talk. 

Â