Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

It's a matter of when the DOF comes in - they will be entirely incompatible with Bruce. Soon as that appointment is made it's curtains. 2 wins however will make it a tough decision - the way this league is going 2 wins could see us close to 2nd. Bruce has 9 lives - can absolutely see those wins happening. 

For what its worth i dont think the 2 games will make a difference. 

A new DOF will be appointed in the coming days and Bruce wont be in his plans, how could he be with no tactics whatsoever?  No better time then to get a new manager in when there is time over the international break.

Purslow probably didnt sack Bruce already as he wants the DOF to have the say on who comes in.  Thats what has been holding it up. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jareth said:

It's a matter of when the DOF comes in - they will be entirely incompatible with Bruce. Soon as that appointment is made it's curtains. 2 wins however will make it a tough decision - the way this league is going 2 wins could see us close to 2nd. Bruce has 9 lives - can absolutely see those wins happening. 

Frankly I do not see those two wins as a given. If we get six points I will be very pleasantly surprised. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Frankly I do not see those two wins as a given. If we get six points I will be very pleasantly surprised. 

Me neither - just going on sods law - Bruce has a lucky charm

• Like 1

I can't think of a single time when a manager got the "you have a certain number of games to save your job" ultimatum and didn't get fired.  Even if they win the two games the club fires them anyway based on the standard of play or they wait for the next loss and pull the trigger then.  It basically means that the club has already made its mind up.  It's also the reason why those sorts of ultimatums are pointless, I think they are just there as an optics thing for the club so they look like they gave the manager every chance and didn't have a choice.  It may make it easier to recruit other managers down the line if you don't look like ruthless bastards (even though I do hope that the guys in charge are ruthless bastards)

IF we get 4-6 points from the next 2 games I can't see them sacking him and we will be stuck in this vicious circle.

17 minutes ago, jim said:

IF we get 4-6 points from the next 2 games I can't see them sacking him and we will be stuck in this vicious circle.

I think the decision has been made.  Small little things, nothing itk.

Results wont matter!

23 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Results wont matter!

I hope you are right

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Results wont matter!

Its all speculation of course.....but often managers on their way out, get a win and the decision for them to go, seems ill timed.

The two pieces of criteria are not necessarily parallel.

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Results wont matter!

Its all speculation of course.....but often managers on their way out, get a win and the decision for them to go, seems ill timed.

The two pieces of criteria are not necessarily parallel.

personally, i am not in favour of so many games......i think there comes a time, driven by events that the penny drops, the owners will know when they are ready.

Edited by TRO

41 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He hasn't done a press conference for this game has he? ?

Probably double checking that the danger men from the other team aren't suspended or injured or on the bench.

• Like 1

Â