Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

12 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Probably double checking that the danger men from the other team aren't suspended or injured or on the bench.

Sean Maguire will be the dangerman tonight and we will need to watch out for deliveries from Beckham and Tom Finney

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

For what its worth i dont think the 2 games will make a difference. 

A new DOF will be appointed in the coming days and Bruce wont be in his plans, how could he be with no tactics whatsoever?  No better time then to get a new manager in when there is time over the international break.

Purslow probably didnt sack Bruce already as he wants the DOF to have the say on who comes in.  Thats what has been holding it up. 

I agree.  If the owners were to make up their mind on the basis of the next two games, they would be utter fools.  I assume the decision was made some time ago and they are just deciding the best timing and managing the process to minimise disruption.  I suppose this "two games to save his job" stuff in the media is a consequence of "must file 300 words by lunchtime".

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its all speculation of course.....but often managers on their way out, get a win and the decision for them to go, seems ill timed.

The two pieces of criteria are not necessarily parallel.

personally, i am not in favour of so many games......i think there comes a time, driven by events that the penny drops, the owners will know when they are ready.

I would think its more a case of finding a gap in the schedule to allow the new guy to settle.

57 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He hasn't done a press conference for this game has he? ?

Didn't do one for the last Tuesday game either.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Someone has posted the injection document from companies house on Facebook.

So it appears true.

Hoping the latter part is true anyway.

It is true but it could literally mean anything. 

• Like 1

I don't care who is manager......i just want to see believable football that brings reasonable results.

With the team we have on paper, we expect to win games.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Straggler said:

I can't think of a single time when a manager got the "you have a certain number of games to save your job" ultimatum and didn't get fired.  Even if they win the two games the club fires them anyway based on the standard of play or they wait for the next loss and pull the trigger then.  It basically means that the club has already made its mind up.  It's also the reason why those sorts of ultimatums are pointless, I think they are just there as an optics thing for the club so they look like they gave the manager every chance and didn't have a choice.  It may make it easier to recruit other managers down the line if you don't look like ruthless bastards (even though I do hope that the guys in charge are ruthless bastards)

I doubt if he has been given an ultimatum. Unless there are quotes somewhere that I have not seen, I would think it is just paper talk.

When they are ready, the owners will pull the trigger. Edens has no compunction about sacking people.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

So I'm thinking of flying over to England to watch some Villa games, I'm trying to work out where to stay while I'm over.

My biggest concern is if we are 'there' right now, what happens if after I book my accommodation, we end up 'thereabouts'.

Does it take long to get from there to thereabouts? Any public transport I can use. Oh and if people could tell me any decent pubs along the way, that would be marvelous.

Thanks in advance!

There is a very small distance between there and thereabouts so I wouldn't worry too much.

Hope that helps.

The cash injection could be any number of things. I have seen it suggested that it is to cover wages, pay off loans, reduce Tony's percentage shareholding or pay off Bruce. I wouldn't look to much into this unless there is supporting evidence to back up the Bruce out narrative. 

Edited by Made In Aston

2 hours ago, jim said:

There is a very small distance between there and thereabouts so I wouldn't worry too much.

Hope that helps.

As a matter of fact, in the context of getting promoted, "there" couldn't be further from "thereabouts".

Thereabouts is absolutely useless to us as that's what happened last season and we are still in the Championship, albeit with a worse defence.

44 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The cash injection could be any number of things. I have seen it suggested that it is to cover wages, pay off loans, reduce Tony's percentage shareholding or pay off Bruce. I wouldn't look to much into this unless there is supporting evidence to back up the Bruce out narrative. 

Kalashnikov's for the directors....to see off Bruce and his coaches.

When managers get sacked I believe they don't just get a nice lump sum and walk out the door, I always thought they just remain on salary for an agreed period of time, which is often why they rarely are able to just walk straight into another job?
Would be nice though. Shit, I'd give him £3m just to **** off tbh.

4 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

So I'm thinking of flying over to England to watch some Villa games, I'm trying to work out where to stay while I'm over.

My biggest concern is if we are 'there' right now, what happens if after I book my accommodation, we end up 'thereabouts'.

Does it take long to get from there to thereabouts? Any public transport I can use. Oh and if people could tell me any decent pubs along the way, that would be marvelous.

Thanks in advance!

About 2 years for either. 

I wouldn't worry about public transport. Grab yourself an Uber. 

4 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Thanks in advance!

just a bit longer than "near enough"

Â