Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/10/01/steve-bruce-facing-two-games-save-aston-villa-job/

Steve Bruce facing two games to save Aston Villa job

Steve Bruce is facing two crucial games as he fights for his future, as Aston Villa prepare to appoint a new technical director.

Bruce has been coming under increasing pressure after a dismal start to the season and needs to win at least one of the games against Preston and Millwall to improve his hopes of staying in charge.

Edited by KJT123

These 2 games should have absolutely no bearing on his position. Beating the bottom 2 teams in the league proves nothing.

The fact is we are nearly a quarter of the way through the season, which is shocking, we are 15th and we are yet to play any of the Top 3, plus we still have to play a further 3 teams in the current Top 10. It really is an even bigger car crash waiting to happen with this man in charge.

The "2 games" story is gathering pace, with even the bigger papers picking it up now.

I'm wondering/hoping if this is the Club covertly letting Bruce know that he is pissing off come the international break no matter what the outcome of the 2 games.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

These 2 games should have absolutely no bearing on his position. Beating the bottom 2 teams in the league proves nothing.

? We haven't beaten either of them yet but I take your point.

I am surprised he is actually getting the chance to have a crack at those two sides, I thought he would be gone during the last international break.

Regardless of the results of these next two games, if he gets through the next international break and emerges as still our manager, I'll be seriously wondering WTF is going on and WTF Swedens are playing at.

• Like 1

I would like to think that if he is going in the international break, then that decision has already been made. What happens over the next two games is largely irrelevant. They may be leaking stuff just to try and keep him motivated by dangling a carrot. We need the points so let’s hope for two wins followed by a swift p45

• Like 2

If we win the next two games and other games go our way we could be a few points off top. Now we all know that doesn’t tell the whole story but if the owners at that point sack Bruce and get a new man in. (Which we all want). Then after that we start to lose games and plummet down the table.  The new owners will look like right mugs. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Well we've played the bottom team twice (Ipswich and Reading) and look how they went...

"I've never known so many mistakes. If it hadn't been for them we'd be in a better position"

Don't worry guys, it's the player's fault ?

Piss off Steve, stop ruining our club

I had a dream last night where we won the next 2 games and Sawiris said "thanks for the 6 points Fistface; now fck off !!!"

Surely that is another scenario that could happen......right ? ?

Â